• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best way to clean...

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Brian's bum.
He's been having a soft poo problem recently, which is sorting itself out, but I need to give him bum and feet a bit of a clean. With all the wet weather as well, he is generally a bit mucky.

What is the best way to clean the little man without stressing him too much?

Thanks.

ETA: I say sorting itself out, I mean I'm treating it and its getting better.

Last edited:
A bit water in the sink, bun in there and clean carefully his hind with one hand and the other holding him.
Make sure he's dry before you put him back, aspecially if he's an outside bun.

Bunski had a messy bum when we got him. I filled the bottom of the bath with water and put him in. The more he tried to jump to gt out, the cleaner he got. I didn't leave him in there long and he was fine. We towl dried him as much as we could and put the heaters on.

I done Inca's using a tupperware dish, so i just put her back legs in it with her front ones out. I used some baby shampoo.
Then i dried her off with the hairdryer, she sat over my shoulder to get this done :)

Bunski had a messy bum when we got him. I filled the bottom of the bath with water and put him in. The more he tried to jump to gt out, the cleaner he got. I didn't leave him in there long and he was fine. We towl dried him as much as we could and put the heaters on.

I'm worried this might upset him too much, but I will definitely towel dry him afterwards.

I done Inca's using a tupperware dish, so i just put her back legs in it with her front ones out. I used some baby shampoo.
Then i dried her off with the hairdryer, she sat over my shoulder to get this done :)

Aw, Not sure I could get Bri' to stay still to do it that way, the water would probably end up all over me!
Might also try the hairdryer on low, thanks :)

Back