• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fostering- Please PM me- (West Yorkshire)- Transport Required.

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Can anyone in west Yorkshire or willing to travel to me pm me if you are able to foster now or at any point in the future?

Thanks,
Jane xx

Last edited:
ok :D I don't have room for foster bunnies but have a spare 4ft hutch that that I think would be suitable for 2 piggies?? :love: I may be able to foster guinea pigs for you in the future, what are your requirements? :)

Thanks hun,

I will let you know if we get any pigs in. I'm inundated now with requests to take bunnies. Didn't take long :)

I haven't set any requirements for piggies yet. 4ft hutch sounds fine though for fostering + some time out at grass obviously or in an indoor run.

Thanks again,
Jane xx

sorry i read that as fostering me for some reason, i was like why put yourself up for fostering :lol:

Thanks hun,

I will let you know if we get any pigs in. I'm inundated now with requests to take bunnies. Didn't take long :)

I haven't set any requirements for piggies yet. 4ft hutch sounds fine though for fostering + some time out at grass obviously or in an indoor run.

Thanks again,
Jane xx

Yeah they would get time out too, I have a spare 4ft x 3ft run and no problem :D :wave:

Okay- is this something you would be available to do soon?

Thanks xx

Well I'm interested but depends if you'd let me because of my age? I'm almost 15 but of course my parents take on full responsibility when it comes to vet care etc. It's me who feeds the animals, cleans out, gives them attention. ;)
I have mentioned fostering before to my Mum and she quite liked the idea of it, so I will ask her what she thinks. :)

How do you go about it though? All rescues are different when it comes to fostering regarding what we get for the animals we are fostering. We would need to know this before we made a decision and of course what you think about someone my age looking after fosters. :wave:

Well I'm interested but depends if you'd let me because of my age? I'm almost 15 but of course my parents take on full responsibility when it comes to vet care etc. It's me who feeds the animals, cleans out, gives them attention. ;)
I have mentioned fostering before to my Mum and she quite liked the idea of it, so I will ask her what she thinks. :)

How do you go about it though? All rescues are different when it comes to fostering regarding what we get for the animals we are fostering. We would need to know this before we made a decision and of course what you think about someone my age looking after fosters. :wave:

Sorry Hun, i didn't.

Just read this now. 15 is fine as long as your parents are happy to take responsibility in full.

I haven't really started out with fostering out to people yet, so I'm not sure what documents I'll need etc- I'll get some drawn up as soon as i can so I'm ready given a situation arises.

In fact i have 7 bunnies i really could do with fostering for another rescue. They are currently in pig cages, so anything would be an improvement on this, especially since she has hundreds of pigs she has to look after too. I have said i will take them when space becomes available here. I'm waiting on news about a spare stable that is going to be free shortly.

Ideally the fosterer's would have accommodation sorted and bills etc- where this is not possible I'm prepared to help all i can. I lay this out in the documents i draw up.

So yes that's absolutely fine. No desire to foster any extra bunnys then :)

Thanks so much for offering it's really appreciated. I will be of course doing neutering and vaccinations etc.

Jane xx

Back