• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will they be ok? u/d p14 - should i get a scratching mat?

Marley and Dolly, sorry, DOLLY has been a sod today! :evil:

Shes terrorised my carpet, i came home to find a pile of shredded carpet and underlay in a pile by my wardrobe, looked down the side and to my horror discovered there was nothing but grippa rod left!!!!! :censored: Should be fun explaining that to the parents :roll:

More importantly, somebun and im guessing Dolly because Marley doesnt go on the bed...somebun has managed to get onto my bedside table and eat a full lurpak tub of treats :shock: I found the empty box under my bed with nothing but crumbs, it was pretty full, theyve probably had 10 x more than they should have!

Im worried now because theyre off to Steph's house for 5 nights tomorrow, will they be ok? :shock:

Last edited:
oh my...She has been in a mischievous mood!

what kind of treats?

There were some dried carrots, some hay pellet things, some carrot buscuit thing that id broken up into tiny pieces to use as treats (these were all presents, and i rekon they will have had additives in and all sorts of junk in) They also had some parsley crunchy crackers, wagg carrot bakes and wagg apple bakes! :shock:

I dont know where they put it, theyve just polished off their veg and are now munching their hay! I wasnt sure what to do, but assumed it was best to feed them normally. Their little tummies :?

Last edited:
i agree they'll probably be ok, hay will balance their tummies out.

Just mention to your friend what to keep an eye out for, if they don't already know.

Buns really don't know when to stop munching though do they...lol ;)

i agree they'll probably be ok, hay will balance their tummies out.

Just mention to your friend what to keep an eye out for, if they don't already know.

Buns really don't know when to stop munching though do they...lol ;)

Tell me about it! I shouldnt have given their veggies, but it was too late by the time id found the tub! :roll:

Shes a bad influence on Marley, hes such an angel, and she just terrorises everything, if she causes much more damage they'll have to go back outside in summer :( Seriously, shes left a trail of destruction behind her today. Who'd have thought such a little bunny could cause so much trouble! :lol:

I'd go with hay and more hay.

Jenson likes to wreak carpet too. He has a mat in his cage so he doesn't slip and he's made so many holes it actually has a split in it now and there are loads of "bits" of the rubber backing and fluff underneath I keep sweeping up.

Hay munching vibes. Hopefully they couldn't be too full if they ate their dinner.

I'd go with hay and more hay.

Jenson likes to wreak carpet too. He has a mat in his cage so he doesn't slip and he's made so many holes it actually has a split in it now and there are loads of "bits" of the rubber backing and fluff underneath I keep sweeping up.

Hay munching vibes. Hopefully they couldn't be too full if they ate their dinner.

Yep, should i just give them their normal pellet ration in the morning or just the dried leaves/herbs, or just hay?

Its only around the wardrobe that she does it. Im going to have to buy a few carpet samples and put them down the side to protect her paws from the grippa rods and to hopefully save whats left of the carpet!

Im not sure what to do to stop her from digging. I know its a natural behaviour, but shes got a very deep hay box, lots of blankets in a hidey hole that she digs at :? Do you think a box with a towel or something by the wardrobe might help distract her? Distraction seems to be the best way with Dolly. Were just starting to over her phase of rattling the pen for attention.

i wouldn't worry too much. My buns..well Fiver is always eating carpets, walls, books, tissue etc and he's got into his food bucket before and ate god knows how much :shock: fortunately he's never had any side effects from over eating. just keep an eye on them and i'm sure Steph will keep an eye on them both :)

That's exactly why I don't have house buns! :shock: :lol:

I agree with the others about feeding loads of hay. :)

Well theyre both flopped out now, i shall demand that they get back in their litter tray and munch hay immediately! :lol:

I love having house buns, theyre so much more friendly and have more space. But the destruction is starting to worry me as its my parents house.

ive been there too...my 1st housebun ate carpet where i didnt know as i moved the furniture but she managed to squiggle underneath and scoff carpet to the carpet grips!!

all i can say is lots of hay and advanced warnings:wave:

yes some houserabbits are demons..others are angles..and some just do it to put their point across:shock::lol:

Theyre both fine this morning.

As far as the carpet goes, do you think its worth stuffing one of these down the side of the wardrobe?

http://www.netpetshop.co.uk/p-16575-classic-sisal-cat-scratch-mat-23-x-115.aspx?CAWELAID=437273553

Its the only place she digs! I might get a few and put them all under my wardrobe too!

Or a cheaper option would be carpet samples, what do you think?

Hello, sorry I missed this yesterday, haven't been on the forum for a while. Tilly has done the same thing to my carpet.

I think a dig box or a scratch pole/mat is a great idea :)

ETA: we have put cardboard boxes and magazines in the corners where she is doing it and she chews on them now instead (although on the odd occasion she moves them out of the way to get at the carpet again but if she is distracted she is ok)

I can't keep anything bunny edible on my bedside table :lol: Mischa chewed my bag cos I'd had some pellets in there when Smudge was in stasis and he could smell them on the bag. Imagine what he'd be like with a treat box :shock:

Back