• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do, what to do?

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Should I try and bond Grace with Castiel and Ruby when she's been spayed? Or should I rehome another gummy/dental bunny to live with her?

Pros of bonding her with Castiel and Ruby:
  • She'll get a bit more space
  • It'll be cheaper
  • My OH won't kill me

Pros of bonding her with a new bun
  • I'll be rehoming a bunny that it would be difficult to find a home for
  • Less time consuming to feed, as Gracie needs some things grated and it would mean only grating for two not for three
  • I'm not risking Cass/Ruby's bond, they are very close

hmm, decisions decisions :lol:

New bun - I'm not a fan of trio's when you have a pair that's working well.

No-one can really tell you though, it's got to be your choice really, it's so difficult unless you know the buns and their personality to really give out good advice on this sort of thing.:wave:

New bun - I'm not a fan of trio's when you have a pair that's working well.

No-one can really tell you though, it's got to be your choice really, it's so difficult unless you know the buns and their personality to really give out good advice on this sort of thing.:wave:

yeah Castiel and Ruby are doing really well, plus they are little gobble monsters and Grace might not be able to keep up

Should I try and bond Grace with Castiel and Ruby when she's been spayed? Or should I rehome another gummy/dental bunny to live with her?

Pros of bonding her with Castiel and Ruby:
  • She'll get a bit more space
  • It'll be cheaper
  • My OH won't kill me

Pros of bonding her with a new bun
  • I'll be rehoming a bunny that it would be difficult to find a home for
  • Less time consuming to feed, as Gracie needs some things grated and it would mean only grating for two not for three
  • I'm not risking Cass/Ruby's bond, they are very close

hmm, decisions decisions :lol:

Hello Nicola, when is Grace getting spayed inbox me over facebook if you want to, i would love to know how she reacts to another bun shes very similar to somebun i know ;)
I personally would go for another dental bun but its 100% up to you :D Either way good luck:love:

Hello Nicola, when is Grace getting spayed inbox me over facebook if you want to, i would love to know how she reacts to another bun shes very similar to somebun i know ;)
I personally would go for another dental bun but its 100% up to you :D Either way good luck:love:

well this is what I want to especially cos I know dental buns are notoriously hard to rehome :love: I'll let you know what happens, we will be giving her a couple of weeks to recover from the teeth extraction before getting her spayed :)

I asked the vet to do them both together so she'd only need anaesthetic once but he said it's better separately because a spay is a clean op and dental is messy, and a dental is enough for a bun to cope with without a spay as well.

well this is what I want to especially cos I know dental buns are notoriously hard to rehome :love: I'll let you know what happens, we will be giving her a couple of weeks to recover from the teeth extraction before getting her spayed :)

I asked the vet to do them both together so she'd only need anaesthetic once but he said it's better separately because a spay is a clean op and dental is messy, and a dental is enough for a bun to cope with without a spay as well.

Totally know where you are coming from, Lola had a dental two weeks ago on wednesday and she had gut stasis poor thing it knocked her for 6!
Mind you Charlie had a neuter and a emergency dental and came home the way he went..mental! :lol:
I have 2 spays and 1 neuter coming up in the next four months so im going to be a busy bee ;) If you find a dental bun or two, drop me a line i would love to rehome a gummy bear:love::wave:

Totally know where you are coming from, Lola had a dental two weeks ago on wednesday and she had gut stasis poor thing it knocked her for 6!
Mind you Charlie had a neuter and a emergency dental and came home the way he went..mental! :lol:
I have 2 spays and 1 neuter coming up in the next four months so im going to be a busy bee ;) If you find a dental bun or two, drop me a line i would love to rehome a gummy bear:love::wave:

aww :love::love::love: she is incredible as a gummy bunny :love::love: I'm amazed

if you can financially afford it & have the time to donate to another bunny, I'd go for another bunny :D

I don't think I'd risk the bond of Castiel & Ruby imo :wave:

Back