• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for my Pippy please...

Livi

Alpha Buck
My Pip is off to the vets in the morning for a little procedure....She has sofococulus (spelling?) which is a little skin condition/germ on her mouth which is very resistant to treatment, so tomorrow she is going in (with her hus'bun Rusty) to be put under anaestethic to have the area scrubbed, scraped and then quaterised to kill off all the remains of it hopefully once & for all!

Its a relatively straight forward procedure, but obviously the anaestethic isnt always uncomplicated....So please can Pip have some vibes that it all runs smoothly, she is cured once & for all and comes through it all ok, and is eating and poo'ing within a few hours of coming round xx

Soooo anxious :cry: but at least she has Rusty with her :love:

aaaw lotsa lotsa vibes for Pippy....hope it is all cleared up & doesnt return and she is eating & pooping well after.....thinking of her xxx

aw bless...sending lots and lots of vibes.

ive not heard of this condition...would you consider putting a post up in health to inform other bunny mummys and daddys?

hope alls well.

Pip:love: xx

Thank you all :)

Dropped them into the vets at 8.30am, they have a nice roomy cage (considering its at a vets - about treble the size of the usual cat ones!). With lots of hay, water etc.

I left some of their fave veggies....to entice them to eat, especially when Pip is coming back round and eating is crucial :)

They will keep them in until tomorrow as they want to monitor Pips progress after the op & ensure all has gone well.

They will be giving me a call when Pip wakes up after the procedure, they estimate around 3.30-4 o clock. So quite anxious until I hear back from them, as while I know she is healthy etc I know that things like this are still high risk, much higher than with a cat/dog.

Good Luck Pips xx

ps. Yes will make a post about it once I know correct spelling etc! :lol:

I hope it's all going well :)

At least you've finally found out what it is now - not knowing is one of the worst things!

Hope all goes well - I'll be working late afternoon, but will check this evening to see if there is an update. :wave:

Thanks for all the well wishes....Pip is awake and back in with Rusty at the vets :)

They are pleased with the procedure, and said it went well. They also did some minor dental work while she was under anaesthetic too, I couldn’t speak for too long as I am at work, so will find out in more detail tomorrow when I hopefully pick her up and see the vet myself :)

So just got to hope she gets eating and poo’ing and is ready to come back home tomorrow!!:love:

Giving hutch a nice overhaul tonight (please rain stay away, we have had plenty already!!!), and will take all fleeces and vet beds to laundrette too, make it nice n lovely for when they come back home :D

Well spoke to the vets again this morning, and to arrange what time I can pick her up….

Good News is the pair of them are very bright & have been terrorising their cage! Pip is eating etc and all is well….however the bad news is they noticed a little bit of puss near the lip, which they have treated with antibiotics….

So they want to keep her in tonight and keep an eye on it, then re-assess tomorrow to see how it is…

I get the impression she may be in until Thursday, which to be honest I would rather as a) I finish work at 5 2m, and need to be back home and out by 6.10 at the very latest! b) it seems a lot colder than it has been today, and they are outdoor buns (has been about 12 degrees, today was 3!) and c) I would rather its all sorted once and for all and don’t want her released until they are perfectly happy with it, as I will only worry and end up taking her back!

And some more bad news is, it has now run over the estimated £150-200 budget….which means inc a budget of £200, I have so far spent £500 on this problem…..and counting….:roll:

I still don’t know the exact name of what she has, and the vet cant pin point it exactly but the vet nurse just now described it as similar to a human coldsore….now I am thinking hmmm is it Syphilis like I first explained I thought it was back 2 weeks or so ago when we were prescribed the ointment….I will speak to them again tomorrow….

Really miss my bunnies though!!!!!!!!! But don’t miss lying in bed worrying are they secure enough…..although I did wake up twice in a panic I hadn’t ‘put them to bed’….LOL:lol:

Ouchy, that is a lot of money :shock:

Rabbits can catch the herpes simplex (cold sore) virus, jacks Jane and prettylupin were talking about it the other day.

I hope you get it all sorted and get her home soon :)

Back