• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many members..

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Have padlocks on their bunnies' hutches/sheds?

I was laying in bed last night thinking how much more peace of mind I would have if the hutches were in a nice shed, with padlocks on the hutches AND the shed. That might sound excessive to some, but I was just wondering how many members actually keep their bunnies padlocked up?

I'm thinking of getting some:wave:

There didn't use to be to but now there is a padlock on the shed where all my pets are and the good thing is... it's pink! :D :lol: Also, I don't even need a key for it ;) It's a coded one, so I just push the middle of the padlock into it's correct code and... it opens! :D :lol:

their wendy house and run are both padlocked.

there was a report in our local press of someone breaking into a garden and setting someones guinea pigs free. ours were padlocked long before we read that though - just reinforced that we are glad we do :D

Mine come in at night to a block building, and we are off the beaten track so my bigger concern would be foxes etc. However I still wonder if we should lock the doors, the only thing that stops me is the risk of fire and getting the rabbits out quicker.... can you tell I'm a worrier!:lol:

Yep, mine is padlocked. When I'm about during the day, I use one of those carabiner clips but when I'm out/overnight it's padlocked.

Mine come in at night to a block building, and we are off the beaten track so my bigger concern would be foxes etc. However I still wonder if we should lock the doors, the only thing that stops me is the risk of fire and getting the rabbits out quicker.... can you tell I'm a worrier!:lol:

See this is the only thing that worries me.. what if there was an emergency whilst I was at college and my parents didn't have/couldn't find the keys? Also, the big hutch has four doors on it, that's four padlocks and four keys, and the smaller hutch has two doors plus a large bottom panel... so that's three or four more. Hmm:lol:

I just wish I could have a shed.

See this is the only thing that worries me.. what if there was an emergency whilst I was at college and my parents didn't have/couldn't find the keys? Also, the big hutch has four doors on it, that's four padlocks and four keys, and the smaller hutch has two doors plus a large bottom panel... so that's three or four more. Hmm:lol:

I just wish I could have a shed.

get a padlock like mine, no keys required. ;)

My new enclosure has two padlocks on it. I'm terrified that there will be a fire and I'm not going to be able to get them out. Currently they are not done up because one has been jamming but I'd rather know they can't be stolen. The other two outside areas can't be accessed quietly and I'm fairly sure anyone would wake me up. But our garden isn't the easiest to get into and we live in a pretty quiet village so it would be unlikely anyway.

I do, but they're not on at the moment, there hutch is so wrapped up with various bits of waterproofing it would be a very determined someone to dig it all out! The padlocks are on on their grass run though (gate and lid). I stopped putting them on when it was freezing and it was so cold the metal of the padlock would stick to my fingers and it HURT! They'll be going back on when the water proofing starts to come off!

The door to the aviary is padlocked at night and when there is no-one home. We all know where the key is kept in case anyone needs it when I'm out.

Back