• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A&P and Hay

Ralph

Young Bun
Following on from my last thread, I brought a bag of A&P today, hope they like is as 20kilos is a lot!:shock:

How do people find their buns like this food, I think its high in fibre but only want to feed a bit and get them onto hay which is going to be hard work :evil:

All 7 of my own rabbits are on A+P and love it and are doing really well i have a foster in at the moment and the mix she came with was so colourful it was off putting so i threw it away and feed her straight on to A+P and she is doing really well and loving it too

All of my bunnies are currently on A&P, they are all good hay eaters as well. If your bunnies arent eating much hay you can try slowly reducing the amount of pellets and providing unlimited hay to see if that has any effect?

My rabbits are on A&P and love it!! :) They have a small bowl in morning and evening and unlimited hay. Veggies at tea time and apart from a mishap with some peanuts with Sam they are in excellent health!!

All my buns are on A&P but I do find I have to change them onto the Breeder Grower in winter as they are outdoor buns and the naturals doesn't seem to give them enough calories and they lose condition.

I swapped my 2 buns onto A&P from SS and found they didn't like the A&P nearly as much. I also thought they lost condition on A&P and as it's got short shelf life I ended up throwing it away as I couldn't use it quick enough with just 2 buns, I then put them back on the SS, which I think personally is better quality.

Back