• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No more breeding disscussions !

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Please can we stop posting or mentioning breeding! It casues to many arguments and fall outs. Its clear everyone has their own opinions on the subjuects. Thanks :)

I agree, the majority of us are pro rescue, and that is awesome. But we wont change breeders minds by discussing and argueing the subject all the time. Supporting rescues, RWA and Make Mine Chocolate are the best ways to show your support. These are the best chance we have of changing breeders ways and cutting back on the back yard breeding.

I always remember a discussion i had with Nicole, who sometimes comes on here, and runs the pet shop area of Torwood garden centre, where she refuses to sell pets. She said the cat breeding issue used to be this massive, but chipping away has meant it is pretty difficult to get kittens these days. There are still breeders and mistakes, but it tends to be a lot better than it was years ago, because people are slowly catching on to neutering their cats.

Rome wasnt built in a day, it was worked on. Keep chipping away via large organisations and small changes will be made. Slowly but surely. Some say wee are widdling in the wind expecting things to change, but it keeps this saying in my mind

"An old man walking on the beach at dawn noticed a boy picking up a starfish and throwing it into the sea. When asked why, the boy explained that the stranded starfish would die if left to lie in the morning sun. ‘But there are millions of starfish on this beach,’ said the old man. ‘How can your efforts make a difference?’The boy picked up another starfish and placed it in the waves. ‘It makes a difference to this one,’ he said. "

The breeders that come on this site should be allowed to be here in harmony with us, for if they really didnt care that much, why would they stay on a site where they are in a minority.

I agree people should be able to joijn this forum wehter they are for or against breeding and not feel like their opinion is not being influenced by other peoples.

I agree, the majority of us are pro rescue, and that is awesome. But we wont change breeders minds by discussing and argueing the subject all the time. Supporting rescues, RWA and Make Mine Chocolate are the best ways to show your support. These are the best chance we have of changing breeders ways and cutting back on the back yard breeding.

Please can I add stop "rescuing" (buying) animals from pet shops as this is the main way that these awful breeders get their animals out there.

This comment is not aimed at you Jeanna if you are reading this. I understand what happened this afternoon and why you did it. Yours was an exceptional case which should not have been allowed to happen anyway.

Please can I add stop "rescuing" (buying) animals from pet shops as this is the main way that these awful breeders get their animals out there.

This comment is not aimed at you Jeanna if you are reading this. I understand what happened this afternoon and why you did it. Yours was an exceptional case which should not have been allowed to happen anyway.

Sorry I dont understand ? :) (I am abit slow :L)

Debates do make wonderful reads though when you're bored ;) :lol:

I can just imagine now, this thread turning into a debate for no reason at all.

*Sits and waits patiently*

Ok no discussion of past arguements please - tis the rules!

You're all welcome to discuss what you like but make it constructive - not just a rant. (I know that's easier said than done).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back