• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need some advice please

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
Hello everyone :wave:

This evening I popped into P@H to get some hay and walked over to the adoption bit which I always go over too first. They had two bunnies in there, which have been in for quite awhile. I then noticed one of them was collecting hay in her mouth and instantly I was like oh god. Just by looking, I couldn't tell if she was pregnant or not but she wasn't a thin rabbit. It said on the information that they were both girlies.

I then went over to a man that worked there and said 'The adoption rabbits, they are both girls for definate aren't they? as one is collecting hay like she is about to build a nest' His reply - 'well yeah, I do believe so. They were bought from us as babies but bought back' I said 'well as I say, one is definitely gathering hay in her mouth, I mean it may be a phantom pregnancy but...' he then interupted with 'I will check later, I didn't realise she was doing that haha. Oh bless her' I then said, 'well please check and I'll be in later on in the week to see how they are.'

Both the rabbits were relaxed in each others company. The black one was gathering the hay but seemed friendly and the white one was fully flopped out so this made me think (in my limited amounted of knowledge) that perhaps they are both girls as there wasn't any tension etc with them both.

What do you think? :oops: If there was any possibility she would be pregnant, I would take her and foster her until shes had them but then it may just be a phantom pregnancy. I'll try and take a sneaky photo if that is any help. I know its all fairly vague but any help would be lovely.
I can go in there tomorrow again to take a photo if need be or anything else.
Thankyou in advance :wave:

Even if she was pregnant they wouldn't let you take her as there would be profit to be made from the babies. :(

Gosh, really?! Thats awful.

I was hoping that they could sex them whilst I was there (I know someone who works there) and see if there was a male in the pairing. If there was and with what I've see, she would be pregnant. Hopefully, I then could get her without the man that I talked to knowing about it.

Back