• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Beano and Gordon (lots of pics!)

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Hello, Beano and Gordon now have the full 8ft X 6ft shed together all the time and they seem to be enjoying it :D I took some pics of them today, excuse the mess and everything scattered about, I was mid-clean out! :)

Everything they have is pink or flowery so I bought a blue water bottle for them so Gordon wouldn't be annoyed!

newpetpicsandothers101.jpg

Apperantly I was too slow in getting their breakfast this morning, they had to help themselves :roll:

newpetpicsandothers160.jpg

newpetpicsandothers171.jpg

newpetpicsandothers172.jpg

newpetpicsandothers176.jpg

Beano trying to get my attention!

newpetpicsandothers195.jpg

newpetpicsandothers099.jpg

newpetpicsandothers157.jpg

newpetpicsandothers165.jpg

newpetpicsandothers178.jpg

I love Gordon's little black tail!

newpetpicsandothers184.jpg

They were both 'helping'

newpetpicsandothers190.jpg

newpetpicsandothers198.jpg

newpetpicsandothers199.jpg

Sharing spring greens :love:

newpetpicsandothers202.jpg

Sorry for the over-load of pics :oops:

Love all the pics, esp Beano's cheeky face in the first one and both buns 'helping themselves.' :lol::love:

Thanks everyone :D Jill, I have cut down their pellets and they run around a lot but do look rather chunky. How much should Gordon (being a nethie X) and Beano (a lionhead X Rex) weigh do you know? I know the risks of bunnies being overweight so I'll check, I know you weren't meaning to criticise :)

Went out to do my last check on them and say goodnight just under an hour ago and they were both out binkying around :love:

Went out to do my last check on them and say goodnight just under an hour ago and they were both out binkying around :love:

Awww they are lovely, I think when bunnies are sitting they look a lot bigger my vet said a good quick examination check is to run your hand across the back bone, if you can still feel the bone but, it's not prominent that is good, providing they are self grooming properly, eating caecatrophs etc just get them weighed the next time your at the vets and thereafter everytime you go in to keep an eye on it.

That's lovely - a shed is so much better than a hutch for letting buns binky at night. Wish I'd realised that before buying an expensive hutch. :oops:

:D I do like their set up, plenty of room and they get to do what they choose all the time. I used to shut Beano in her crate on a night but now I have Gordon too I leave them both out. Gordon gets bolder by the day now :D, he is quieter than Beano but she is a very confident bunny and he is very sweet natured, he comes out of the crate to see me and this morning he put his little head up towards me and nudged me when I was giving them hay :love:

Awww they are lovely, I think when bunnies are sitting they look a lot bigger my vet said a good quick examination check is to run your hand across the back bone, if you can still feel the bone but, it's not prominent that is good, providing they are self grooming properly, eating caecatrophs etc just get them weighed the next time your at the vets and thereafter everytime you go in to keep an eye on it.

When I go into the shed Gordon usually goes in their crate untill he knows who it is and Beano stays to greet me, but today...

newpetpicsandothers211.jpg

both of them came to greet me :love:

Lovely pics Liz :love: They do look a wee bit portly :oops: (Beano is a girl after my own heart ;):lol:) but as you suggest the best way to tell for sure is to weigh them :wave:

Thanks! :D I will get them weighed tomorrow, what should Gordon (Nethie X lionhead) and Beano (lionhead X Rex) weigh approx? I can feel their spines pretty clearly but they're not prominent.

Thanks! :D I will get them weighed tomorrow, what should Gordon (Nethie X lionhead) and Beano (lionhead X Rex) weigh approx? I can feel their spines pretty clearly but they're not prominent.

I'm sorry Liz I don't know the answer to this :(

Back