• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many will this house?

Hi I have a stable that's bout 9 x 8,we r also gonna attach a 6 x 6 run. How many buns will this house? Xx

9 x 8 is a total of 73 square feet plus 6 x 6 is 36 square feet. Total area is 109 square feet.

In theory you could put about 7 small / medium sized buns in this area, however in reality I would go a lot less as you need to find a group which would work nicely together.

If you want a group that size you would be best to get a neutered mum with her children who you get neutered at the earliest opportunity to ensure that they remain happy together.

Thx how many is a lot less? Xx

Maybe a nice group of four? :wave:

It would be better if you could rehome an already bonded group, maybe a family? If there are any in rescue's near you :D
Or bonding two pairs or bond single bunnies into a group...
Depends on the bunnies i guess :) and what size group is best for them, and you.

We have a group of 3 in something a bit larger and it's a nice size for them. I'd not put more than 5 in that space, personally.

If you want a large group I'd consider finding a group in rescue that needs to go together as it's so rare that a suitable home will come along. :)

I too would def go with a family from a rescue, they'll be neutered and vacc too, you'll get info re their health and background and the bunny personalities...and as said rehoming a large group is hard for a rescue, you'd be doing everybun a favour :love::love:

Back