• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Desperate for newspapers

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I wouldn't normally consider posting on here but I'm desperate. I've literally only got a couple of newspapers left (and going through 13 every time I change the litter trays and somewhere 10-20 every time I change the outside hutches, having a couple isn't much) and need to find some more.

If anyone is willing/able to give me any that would be brilliant. Obviously happy to come and collect- I'm in Ipswich but would travel to get some (into Essex, Norfolk, elsewhere in Suffolk, etc).

Sorry, I know I shouldn't be doing this because rescues deserve them more, but I'm desperate.

Have you tried asking your local newsagent if they have any you could have?

Or putting a note through all the neighbours doors asking them to leave their used papers on your doorstep?

Have you tried asking your local newsagent if they have any you could have?

Or putting a note through all the neighbours doors asking them to leave their used papers on your doorstep?

Good idea about the neighbours and notes. Mum also suggested putting an advert in the local village magazine which I will do but that won't come out until next month.

I'm not sure its appropriate to approach the newsagent, will have to check with my mum (we had a 'bad lot' in there, not sure if they were taken over or not).

Definitely ask neighbours, that's where most of ours come from..go and knock some doors today..you'll end up with lots:D

Could you ask on your local freecycle? I got lucky & had 2 people reply who saved them for us - it might be worth a try :wave:

Also try the train station, lots of people leave papers on the train. I've got a bag you can have but Norwich is a trek just for some papers!:D

Could you ask on your local freecycle? I got lucky & had 2 people reply who saved them for us - it might be worth a try :wave:

:) I've done this thanks.

KittyKat, my brother is at uni in Norwich, I'm likely up there shortly to bring him home for a hospital appointment so I may come and thieve your newspapers then :D Thanks. Maybe in exchange for a rabbit?

Go to the local Recycle place, Supermarkets usually have one. Then have a rummage in the Paper Recycle Cart. Monday late morning is the best time to go as people tend to offload their old newspapers on a Sunday evening/Monday morning.

Nothing like a rummage in a Recycle Cart to start the week :thumb:

Definitely ask your neighbours, I asked a few of mine and I get given bags of them every week and I only have 2 bunnies! Used to have 4 though so thats why I had asked.

Another thing to do is....when people put their papers into their recycling bins just walk along and take them. It's not stealing or anything coz they are being thrown out anyway.

Also ask your local supermarket/shop/newagent if they have any free papers in. And if they do and ever have spares maybe they can save them for you.

Definitely ask your neighbours, I asked a few of mine and I get given bags of them every week and I only have 2 bunnies! Used to have 4 though so thats why I had asked.

Another thing to do is....when people put their papers into their recycling bins just walk along and take them. It's not stealing or anything coz they are being thrown out anyway.

Also ask your local supermarket/shop/newagent if they have any free papers in. And if they do and ever have spares maybe they can save them for you.

This seldom brings results as retailers get money back on their Newspaper 'returns'.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I have been saying for ages about not having newspapers and my dad just went 'oh, are you short of newspapers? I can fix that' and then comes in with newspapers in a tower about 4ft tall. no idea where the hell he was hiding those.

But I will definitely drop notes to my neighbours and stuff because this will go quickly.

:) I've done this thanks.

KittyKat, my brother is at uni in Norwich, I'm likely up there shortly to bring him home for a hospital appointment so I may come and thieve your newspapers then :D Thanks. Maybe in exchange for a rabbit?

LOL as long as you don't tell Ian about the rabbit! :lol: When are you thinking of coming?

I have been saying for ages about not having newspapers and my dad just went 'oh, are you short of newspapers? I can fix that' and then comes in with newspapers in a tower about 4ft tall. no idea where the hell he was hiding those.

:lol::lol: soooo typical!

Sorry - nothing constructive to add but just had to comment!

We have been desperately short for weeks. neighbours are cutting back on them to save money, no luck on freecycle and the recycling bins at morrisons no longer have lids on so the papers are soaked :(

Do you not have a local free paper that they leave for people to pick up at train stations? I pick one or two up every single day and then on Thursday/Friday I get the free Manchester Evening News as well.

Maybe that's because I work in the city center though :?

I get mine from the library they give me lots, you dont ask you dont get and they are happy to dispose of them :D xxxx

I can spare a few if it helps. I'll be in Norwich/UEA tomorrow if you want I can bring some up for you or give them to your brother.

We have been desperately short for weeks. neighbours are cutting back on them to save money, no luck on freecycle and the recycling bins at morrisons no longer have lids on so the papers are soaked :(

Couldn't you stick a note on the side of the recycling bin, with your phone number asking if they can call you?

Back