• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Twinsens weight

After friday nights scare i now need a plan on how to get twinsens weight back up.

I have started feeding her seperately from patrick as he is definately muscling in in her food when hes done! - on a side note hes going to have to go on a diet i picked him up this morning and hes feeling a bit tubby :oops:

Im worried this isnt enough. The vet would like her to be about 2.5kg as she has dropped from 2.7 to 2kg (this is over 6 months since her last jab).

What kinds of things can i give her? is it a case of extra veggies and hay etc I feel my knowledge is lacking right about now! :oops:

Oh great forces of RU what can you suggest!

Much Love

A higher protein hay such as green oat or timothy with seed heads, wheat and barley hay. A few more pellets and some extra veg IF she is able to tolerate it without gut upset. I would NOT give more treats - they will only predispose her to caecal upset.

More exercies is a sure way to put on extra weight as muscle weighs more than fat.

If this weight loss continues she will need blood tests to check all is ok with her liver and kidneys.

Thanks guys.

Vet mentioned the bloods if we couldn't get her weight back up and i have to try learn to weigh her on the bathroom scales :shock:. Im so worried for my baby girl :(

They don't get many treats anyway :)

Back