• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sebastians tummy

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
is hard(er than normal) and he is reluctant to eat again :cry: I've given him metacam and metaclop but cant get to the vets until monday night or tuesday, thankfully I have enough meds to last us.

He's been eating for barely a week :cry:

Oh no :( Sometimes they do have a set back a week or so after a stasis episode.
Hope it passes really soon hun :wave:
Loads of vibes xxxxxxxxxx

Oh dear :? :cry:

A hard tummy isn't good news. What are his poos like ?

its not as hard as Mae's was, but just not normal :( not sure which are his but the poos in the tray and small (not tiny) and dark. (normal for Mae)
I've put them out in the run so will see what poos are left behind and get back too you.

He seems brighter and has been binkying in the run which will hopefully get his gut moving nicely, he's also been nibbling the grass the grows through the slabs :roll:

they havent been eating grass apart from today, those dark poos were y'day/this mornings.:wave:
Just brought them inside, no poos out in the run except a squished ceaco and a partial one (misformed or only partly eaten?) Just changed the litter tray so will check what the output is like later. His tummy is still a bit hard but hes much more active and was excited about some pellets just now, although he only had one before going for an adventure :)

there's a pile of poos in the litter tray and Sebastian was just getting out of the tray when I walked in. Hes giving me the evils and wont get close enough for me to feel his tummy just now :roll:

thankyou :wave: his tummy feels better today, I think he may be tensing it :roll: hes tucking into some pellets now so I think it was just a blip :)

Back