• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just read a preloved advert :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Has dental problems but can still have litters :(

Very sad indeed. Oh dear i just learnt it's an 18 year old who loves breeding bunnies. Obviously has some naivety regarding rabbit health etc.

Last edited:
Has dental problems but can still have litters :(

Very sad indeed. Oh dear i just learnt it's an 18 year old who loves breeding bunnies. Obviously has some naivety regarding rabbit health etc.

Sadly, that's breeders for you, as I keep saying they don't care about their animals:roll:

i totally agree, this person is just a individual who had bred there rabbit they dont account for every breeder, i think people have terrible black and white views on breeding, i dont think a animal should be abused or bred continually but to keep getting rabbits or any animal someone has to let them have babies, they should having said this be looked after to high standard, and a show breeder or any one with sense would care if rabbit had dental problems as the would want animals to be the best they can be, i think people are quick to tar every person who has a rabbit with babies with the same brush

Sadly, that's breeders for you, as I keep saying they don't care about their animals:roll:

That is a very cruel comment to make. :? That is the equivelent to someone saying "every animal rescue puts healthy animals to sleep" and we all know that is not true. I'm getting really fed up of these horrible comments on the forum, including one you made yesterday snowy, saying you were guessing I don't help rescue rabbits even though I helped plan and took part in rescuing 2 buns last week. :roll: :lol:

This 18 year old should't be classed as a breeder and she is obviously very irrisponisible, i hope that poor bun is rescued. :cry:

Last edited:
Shame on anyone defending the breeder in this situation! To advise a rabbit with dental problems as being suitable for breeding is totally wrong and irresponsible, whatever side of the fence you're on! :?

Shame on anyone defending the breeder in this situation! To advise a rabbit with dental problems as being suitable for breeding is totally wrong and irresponsible, whatever side of the fence you're on! :?

I dont think people are deffending the breeder. What this 18 year old breeder is doing is clearly wrong, its the fact that not all breeders are like this and some breeders do care for their animals. I am not saying that in anyway this breeder on preloved is right :)

i think this is horrendous :shock::shock::shock:

even if i didnt have a clue about rabbits and bred them and one turned out to have a dental problem common sense would tell me I couldnt breed from them!!!

When a genetic heart problem popped up in my mums birman line she rung all people who bought a kitten to let them know then got the cats neutered and speyed so no more kittens were born!

i cant stand irrisponsable breeding :evil:

I dont think people are deffending the breeder. What this 18 year old breeder is doing is clearly wrong, its the fact that not all breeders are like this and some breeders do care for their animals. I am not saying that in anyway this breeder on preloved is right :)

You didn't say this ^^^ before...you never said that the breeder was wrong, you simply made a comment defending breeders....hence my post

can be bred from with dental problems?:roll: he sounds realy clued up.he sounds awfull to even think of advertising him.i dont think all breeders are bad,i know a very good breeder who looks after her rabbits fantastic and she gives them a pre paid neutering slip which i think is the way to go.theres just too many selfish,uncaring breeders out there

My concern is that at 18 perhaps they are not aware of how detrimental it would be to breed a rabbit with teeth problems. To be honest at 18 i wouldn't have had knowledge of rabbit dental problems. Perhaps more awareness needs to be generated about dental heath in relation to buns and how malocclusion or spurs are a very serious.

I was in the vets the other day and a man came out with his daughter- in distress regarding the £50 monthly fee he would have to pay for dental spurs for the rest of the buns life.

I'm sure the breeder is just uninformed.

Anyways forgive me for posting in the wrong place about this :)

Thanks.

P.s I'm not antibreeding, even though I'm pro rescue. Breeding in dental problems though is just naive of her at 18 in my view. I don't think people are inherently cruel. I just they don't have the information available that would help them make better choices. You can't change people by starting a war with them, only through peaceful resolution. I think our approach to breeders needs to be one of compassion and understanding.

Last edited:
i think this is horrendous :shock::shock::shock:

even if i didnt have a clue about rabbits and bred them and one turned out to have a dental problem common sense would tell me I couldnt breed from them!!!

When a genetic heart problem popped up in my mums birman line she rung all people who bought a kitten to let them know then got the cats neutered and speyed so no more kittens were born!

i cant stand irrisponsable breeding :evil:

I think she can't know how serious dental conditions are.

That is a very cruel comment to make. :? That is the equivelent to someone saying "every animal rescue puts healthy animals to sleep" and we all know that is not true. I'm getting really fed up of these horrible comments on the forum, including one you made yesterday snowy, saying you were guessing I don't help rescue rabbits even though I helped plan and took part in rescuing 2 buns last week. :roll: :lol:

This 18 year old should't be classed as a breeder and she is obviously very irrisponisible, i hope that poor bun is rescued. :cry:

She actually learnt from other breeders it says on her profile. She breeds rabbits and gives them away for free if she can't sell her litters after a certain age. She also calls herself a rabbit lover. To make a statement like that, she obviously does care, but she obviously doesn't know what she is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back