• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hmm - dilemma!!

Gem 333

Warren Scout
Hey,

Well, i have finally convinced my oh that getting a husbun for Shakeira is the only way to cure her destructive behaviour, and now have a bit of a dilemma on my hands.

I went to a garden centre today and met an ADORABLE bunny, who is around the 5 month mark id say. I held him and then left (was super difficult!). I reckon he will be almost 1 and a half times the size of Shakeira (is this too big?), and looked really relaxed and was flipped out in his pen. I gave the lady my number and said i would almost certainly be back next week.

then,

I found out a breeder friend of mine is having to re-home some of her buns due to illness, and has a few males available, and i would love to help her out - as she is really upset about letting them go.

Either rabbit would be able to be neutered fairly soon, but i dont know what to do. I have a real soft spot for the one at the garden centre, and he has been there for such a long time - but i know that if I took one of my friends it would mean a lot to her (and obviously I would be getting a well cared for, loved bun).

Oh what to do??!!!
:?

What about a rescue bun? A rabbit you get from a rescue will be neutered and vaccinated so you won't need to wait to bond with your existing rabbit and you'd be helping out a rabbit that needs a home this way.

I wouldn't ever advocate getting one from a garden centre/pet shop, so out of the two options I would rehome one of the ones from your friend. But, as Fran said, might a rescue bun be an option? :)

I live in the scottish borders and there aren't a lot of rescues round here - I calles SSPCA the other day, they had a lovely looking bun but he was reserved. the other one near me doesnt have any single suitable buns unfortunately, well, my friend is getting the only one suitable!! Also, rescues round here dont really neuter as far as i am aware, so im gonna have to have that done either way.

Go for the one that means the most to you. It's your pet at the end of the day and EVERY bun deserves a loving home :love:

Go for the one that means the most to you. It's your pet at the end of the day and EVERY bun deserves a loving home :love:

^^^ this.

I don't think you should worry too much about the size difference - I'm sure I can remember seeing a few members with pairs of different sizes. Might be worth starting a thread.

Good luck whatever you decide...

;)

Which ever one you go for you'll be giving the bun a wonderful loving home. As for size I have a french lop paired with a mini lop and they get on so good with each other.

My thoughts exactly! Shame i dont have room for them all! Think I will have my rabbit loving friend round for a brew so we can decide together!

Thank you everyone!
:D

Back