• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

North-Easters

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
What's your opinions now that NRSA are closing down?

Do you think we're best pouring lots of support into existing rescues like Pawz for Thought, PixieRabbit etc? Putting pressure on the RSPCA to set up their own small animal rescue? One of us try and set up a rescue??

I just can't stop thinking about how the chances of all those neglected bunnies out there are getting dimmer and dimmer as rescues are forced to close down :(

the RSPCA in Teesside already have a small animal rescue centre near to Stokesley.

As they have said it is the problem of a high vet bills and getting funding, and how much personal debt you are willing to get into. This is always going to be the same problem, and is always going to go in circles.

So in answer to your question, we need to support our rescues as much as we can, be that by fostering, donating equiptment and food, or by donating money.

I think it is a case of being known (I certain didn't know about them) in your community, being able to be funded/self funded and being able to afford to care for the animal you have, and ultimately being able to say no, so you can take best care of the animals you already have.

I know Elaine at Tameside has often had to close her doors so she can give the animals already in her care the best possible care.

I think that is the problem I had to do a little bit of searching to find them :wave:

I would love to set up a rescue myself but obviously there is no way I could do that for several years, until I owned my own house and was completely financially secure.

Back