• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit quick (very important)

shadow05

Mama Doe
srry for spelling but anyways me and bf was cutting the bunnys nails today and we got to the last rabbit and his nails were surprising long and the bf was cutting the nails not me if it was me wouldnt have happened anyways he cut the rabbit quick. i was wondering would it be alright. i made sure the blood stopped before bf took him back outside with the others.

but i was wondering if there is anything else i should do. we waited for a while to the blood would coagulate and form a sort of scab.

the rabbit was a bit upset afterwards and i think he went to his gf for reassurance lol

Last edited:
If you hold something against the bleeding nail - piece of cotton wool/tissue firmly for a few minutes the bleeding should stop. You can also use cornflour or a styptic pencil to stop the bleeding. Bun should be ok but can be very sore afterwards. If he goes off his food he may need to see a vet for some pain relief but generally nails heal, just need to be a bit more careful in future and clip little by little rather than in one big piece - that way you can work your way down to the quick slowly. :)

the only problem is he lives in a group outside so wont know if hes eating normally but i told bf to keep and eye on it anyways and check it in the morning just in case it gets something stuck in it or something like that.

Back