• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD question

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,

We took Noel and Milly to have their myxi jab and they were booked in to have their VHD jab today but we had to cancel it because Noel went into stasis after going to the vet to have the myxi jab. I am really scared about taking them to the vets now :( Is there anything rabbits can have before they go to the vet to calm them down?

Thank you,

x

I really don't know but am also interested in any answers as Julie hates going to the vets all of a sudden. She actually started doing a loud whining noise when I got her out of the car the last time. The noise got louder as I neared the door. I felt bad as she was so stressed.

ring the vets, I know you can get sedatives for other animals.

You could try cammomile and rescue remedy. Also try not to stress out yourself as they will pick up on it.

Are you sure its the vets or the carrier/car thing in general? If you think the car/carrier may contribute you can get her slowly used to these. I put treats and hay in my carrier and leave it out to play in as after neuter my boy wouldnt go near it.

Back