• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan question

lja401

Warren Scout
Hello,

I wondered if you could help? We are making a claim and wondered if Petplan contact the vet you normally see or do they contact the emergency out of hours vet we went to with Noel? Our usual vet is the one who gives the jabs, does the dental checks etc. The emergency vet thought that Noel had something on his teeth but our normal vet checked them and thought they were fine. Noel was in for stasis.

Thank you :wave:

I gave details of both normal and emergency vet with my claim. Hope Noel has made a full recovery. :wave:

what you claim for is from a specific vet...but if its related then youd need to make a claim from each vets i guess...

not sure....someone will be along to help im sure:wave:

Thank you :D We spoke to our normal vet and he thinks they won't contact him. I hope they do because he does all his checks.

Noel is great thank you - still on medication but back to his normal binkying self :D

As far as I know, they check the records of the practice that your rabbit is registered with. If the rabbit is treated by a locum vet or emergency vet, I am sure that they would have to update the records held by your practice. So when Petsplan contact your vet practice, they get the information held by your regular vet practice plus any further information recorded by the locum.

Glad your bun is feeling better. It is such a worry when they are ill.

Back