• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am now... U/D Pictures P.18!!

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
The very proud owner of THREE beautiful bunnies!:love:

The lovely little dwarf lop girl arrived today, I haven't named her yet but I'm thinking of calling her Cupcake:)

But I really need some advice. When she was dropped off I popped her straight into a nice clean hutch and left her to settle. I gave her some pellets and she only ate one, and after a few hours I was a little worried so I put a fenugreek crunchie in her food dish and she's just ignored it.

I went back out to give the other two their bowls of vegetables about 15 minutes ago, and after checking with her last owner what veggies she had tried, I gave her a piece of parsley and a slice of carrot. She's ignored that too.

She hasn't done one single poop:(

I'm so worried, I know they need time to settle but she's only eaten one pellet in about two and a bit hours, and no poos at all. How long is too long? What do I do in the morning if all her food is still uneaten, I know "straight to the vets" but is there anything I can do before we go/on way there?

Please give me some advice.

Last edited:
Hey! Firstly, congratulations on getting cupcake, lots of pictures will be needed as she settles in :lol:

I'm not sure, but I think she is probably nervous (hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong). When we first got Oscar, he spent over 5 hours just sat in the corner of his cage not doing anything, but he eventually started eating a bit overnight, and within a few days he was pretty much eating all his pellets as soon as I put them down.

Hey! Firstly, congratulations on getting cupcake, lots of pictures will be needed as she settles in :lol:

I'm not sure, but I think she is probably nervous (hopefully someone will correct me if i'm wrong). When we first got Oscar, he spent over 5 hours just sat in the corner of his cage not doing anything, but he eventually started eating a bit overnight, and within a few days he was pretty much eating all his pellets as soon as I put them down.

Thanks, I'll be taking lots of pictures this week probably:)

I'm hoping she'll settle down overnight. I've covered her hutch up completely for the night, and I'll see how much/whether she's eaten in the morning. I really hope she does!

I can understand your concern, but it may take her several hours to adjust to her new environment. When I got Spenser he didn't eat anything at all during the day, but we left the food his previous owner said he liked in the hutch overnight an it was gone in the morning. :wave:

It will take her a couple of hours to settle in so try not to worry too much. As long as she has the food available, I'm sure she'll come to it when she's ready :)

Please let us know if she eats by morning. I'm sure she's just sussing out her new surroundings. Can't wait to see pics too :)

She's now eating EVERYTHING I give her, and has decided that the bed area of her new hutch is the best place to go to the toilet. She's done at least two pees and loads of perfect golden poops, which completely surprised me.

I've moved her litter tray into her bed area, and she's used it every time without fail so far:love:

PLUS, I went out to clean my other babies' hutch, and Cupcake was really interested, so I thought I'd give hers a quick clean. When I opened the door she nudged me and put her head down for a nose rub!:shock:

I've never had a bunny settle this quick before:love:

She's now eating EVERYTHING I give her, and has decided that the bed area of her new hutch is the best place to go to the toilet. She's done at least two pees and loads of perfect golden poops, which completely surprised me.

I've moved her litter tray into her bed area, and she's used it every time without fail so far:love:

PLUS, I went out to clean my other babies' hutch, and Cupcake was really interested, so I thought I'd give hers a quick clean. When I opened the door she nudged me and put her head down for a nose rub!:shock:

I've never had a bunny settle this quick before:love:

Great news!!! :love::love::love::love:

Here she is! The pictures don't do her any justice:)

She's a friendly little bun...

DSCF0124.jpg

And oh my can she jump. So far she has jumped on this box...

DSCF0126.jpg

M chest of drawers, my bed and my windowsill!:shock:

Back