• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just spent £130 on the bunnies....

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
.....by buying two big bits of lino and hiring a carpet cleaner.

We of course had to clean up poor little Muesli's wee marks, and then we had to buy two massive bits of lino to put down to cover the floor so its waterproof.

Oh not to mention the puppy training pads!!

The things we do cos we love our buns!!! :love::love:

:shock: Easily done, but how boring! ;)

I was expecting to hear that youd gone over board online or something and find pictures of loads and loads of toys :lol:

Aww :) Lino is a great house saver for sure!

I just spent £238 in pets at home the other day on a dog crate, which i notice they pee over, so much for having a base in it. What does everyone else use under dog crates for when the buns decide they are going to pee over the bottom edges?

I then came away with a few toys a litter tray and a few bowls , water bottles and blankets. It's amazing how bunnies eat through your money. I could afford another house with how much they spend.

I kind of felt like it would have been better spent on vet bills and doing some makeshift pen designing. Never again going on an impulse shopping trip for the buns.

The best way I've found to keep my spending in check is to do it online and get things ordered.

I just spent £238 in pets at home the other day on a dog crate, which i notice they pee over, so much for having a base in it. What does everyone else use under dog crates for when the buns decide they are going to pee over the bottom edges?

I then came away with a few toys a litter tray and a few bowls , water bottles and blankets. It's amazing how bunnies eat through your money. I could afford another house with how much they spend.

I kind of felt like it would have been better spent on vet bills and doing some makeshift pen designing. Never again going on an impulse shopping trip for the buns.

The best way I've found to keep my spending in check is to do it online and get things ordered.

Crikey, was it gold plated? £238 for a dog crate?

We made a wooden surround for ours from a board of wood, then lino, then battens screwed round the edges. Mine never ever peed on it though, they always went in their litter tray. They did pee on the one at the top which was basically the same design and it didn't go over the edge as long as the sides were high enough.

Crikey, was it gold plated? £238 for a dog crate?

Oh no lol- it was £70 for the crate- it was the other bits and bobs that added onto the price. I was only supposed to be going out to get the new buns a few things and i already had hutches spare for them. Little bit of a waste when i think of it. Money could have been better spent- hmm what could i have got for that- a shed with run etc.

We made a wooden surround for ours from a board of wood, then lino, then battens screwed round the edges. Mine never ever peed on it though, they always went in their litter tray. They did pee on the one at the top which was basically the same design and it didn't go over the edge as long as the sides were high enough.

Ah okay- i figure people must spend some DIY doing up crates- I've found them next to useless as they are.

Oh no lol- it was £70 for the crate- it was the other bits and bobs that added onto the price. I was only supposed to be going out to get the new buns a few things and i already had hutches spare for them. Little bit of a waste when i think of it. Money could have been better spent- hmm what could i have got for that- a shed with run etc.

Phew! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: Easily done, but how boring! ;)

I was expecting to hear that youd gone over board online or something and find pictures of loads and loads of toys :lol:

I know, it would have been nice if we had been able to spend it all on toys for them!!!

We were both a bit shocked that we had to spend that much on lino as we were just hoping to get offcuts, but never mind! :)

Back