• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rare pictures of Reuben/ still very poorly

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Reuben seems a little out of sorts today so managed to catch him and give him a quick check up inside. We went in the bathroom as it is tiny and if he threw himself on the floor I would be able to contain him easily.

He was fiesty enough so hopefully he will be OK :) so took the opportunity to take a couple of piccies as in 3 years of having him have only managed to get about 5 photos :shock:

P1151464.jpg

P1151468.jpg

Not sure what he was attempting here, the little wiggler!

P1151463.jpg

Last edited:
What a little cutie :love: dont think I've seen him before

I've had him for 3 years along with his identical brother Robin and I don;t get to see them often :lol: they are not at all tame and generally behave like wild bunnies due to their poor start in life :(

:love::love::love:

The last photo looks very comical. :lol:

Am I right in thinking Reuben and his brother live with Little Gracie? (*cough* and any chance of a photo?) :oops: :lol:

Oh dear. :( Hope he picks up again soon. Sending vibes for him. xx

I am actually getting a little worried now. I don't know what to do for the best for him as they are totally unhand-able :? One of these two getting sick has always been one of my worst nightmares :(

I hope he's just having an off day or two. Is he not eating well, or just less lively than usual?

He's not eating at all now and is lying flat out on the concrete :( But he can run fast enough if I try to catch him. took me 5 attempts earlier and he fought like crazy when I just tried to give him a drop of metacam. His tummy feels doughy, no bloat or hardness.

We have just been discussing what to do for the best, a car journey to the emergency vet could kill him with the stress, where as our normal vet is a 2 minute walk but doesn't open until 8 in the morning :?

He has had metacam, zantac and infacol here

Sounds like you have done really well to get some meds into him. It's obviously more serious than an off day - trust it to happen when the local vet isn't an option for several hours. :roll: Keeping up vibes here. How have the buns he lives with reacted to his illness? There seem to be so many bunnies having this type of problem at the moment. :(

Sounds like you have done really well to get some meds into him. It's obviously more serious than an off day - trust it to happen when the local vet isn't an option for several hours. :roll: Keeping up vibes here. How have the buns he lives with reacted to his illness? There seem to be so many bunnies having this type of problem at the moment. :(

Robin has been sat with him quite a bit as they are generally joined at the hip but sometime Reubs just wants to be alone a hides in a corner.

It was a bit of a feat just to get those meds into him. The vets dread vaccination time for the boys as it is a complete nightmare. One year the vet and i spent 20 minutes on our knees trying to catch Reuben from the consult floor :roll:

ETA my concern now is that he has been unwell for a while and has hidden it really well as he is so "wild" :(

If you did take him to the emergency vet would they be able to do much more for him than you've done?

Oh I hate this - just been through it with Benson, only doesn't sound like Benson was this bad. You feel so helpless don't you?! Sending vibes.:love:

Back