• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Bought my Friend a Small Pressie Today

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
The friend who's house has recently been repossessed. She is so unhappy atm and I cant do anything to help re the situation that she and her hubby are in :cry:

I was in the local Charity Shop this morning and I saw this.

018-31.jpg

020-20.jpg

021-24.jpg

Immediately I thought that my friend would love it. It only cost £1.00, but I think it is very pretty :)

Its lovely thats very kind of you. Has your friend found some temporaryt accomodation?

Yes, they are renting a house that belongs to her S-I-L. But they are paying £1000 a month rent. Their flat (the repossessed one) is now on the market apparently, but way below what it should be on for. I guess the Bank just want theit money back and they dont care about much else. ALL costs incurred in repossessing the flat will also be deducted.

Her hubby is on reduced hours at work due to illness (diabetic, hypertensive, asthmatic) so they are £500 a month down on income. Basically they are up :censored: creek without a paddle :cry:

I may well be joining them but I am trying not to think about it !!

I have one of these. :shock: I bought it for my Nan when I was a child, after she died and my granddad came to live with us I asked if I could have it back cos it reminds me of her :love:

Oh Jane, your one of a kind. I envy anyone who has the pleasure of being your friend. Your so compassionate and selfless in many ways, theyre so lucky having you on their side. The things you do for your buns and the way you think other people brighten my day, we need more Janes in this world!!

I hope you dont think im being patronising or anything since i dont know you that well (in fact i barely know you at all :oops:), but I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

...ive welled up, whats happening to me :oops::oops:

Last edited:
Oh Jane, your one of a kind. I envy anyone who has the pleasure of being your friend. Your so compassionate and selfless in many ways, theyre so lucky having you on their side.

I hope you dont think im being patronising or anything since i dont know you that well (in fact i barely know you at all :oops:), but I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Awwww, I am just a grumpy old woman really :lol:

But I have known my friend for 40 years. We met in our first year at Secondary School. I stuck up for her when an evil teacher was picking on her. I was a bit gobby at school :oops: Hard to believe, I know !! :angel:

:lol:

I have one of these. :shock: I bought it for my Nan when I was a child, after she died and my granddad came to live with us I asked if I could have it back cos it reminds me of her :love:

I should've said (brain fade today) that I didn't ask for it back until the bungalow was sold. :oops: That makes me sound like I nicked it back :oops:

Oh good :lol: I just re-read it and thought 'hang on I meant to put something else in there too' :oops:

Awwww, I am just a grumpy old woman really :lol:

But I have known my friend for 40 years. We met in our first year at Secondary School. I stuck up for her when an evil teacher was picking on her. I was a bit gobby at school :oops: Hard to believe, I know !! :angel:

Ive found some of the grumpiest people are actually real softies ;)

Haha, i can believe that too, you havent lost it, your a woman wholl stand up for what she believes in despite what anyone else thinks.

Back