• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg just found my rabbit dead

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
i cant believe it...went outside to feed then and found one on its back feet it the air dead...its onlyjust turned a year old....im in shock...why did it die...

So sorry for your sudden loss :(

Do you have any idea of what could have caused it?

Do you have more than 1 bunny? It could be catching so it might be best for a checkup if you have anymore buns.

Sorry to hear about your bunny, it must have been a shock. Maybe he/she had a weak heart or something else that you wouldn't have known about.

Oh no what a shocking awful thing to happen, i think it's the thing we all dread isn't it? I'm sure it's nothing you could have done anything about, these things just sometimes happen. Big hug for you. Sleep tight little one xxx

it was housed with his brother and i think they might have had a fight because it was fine yesterday night i fed them stroked them then left them....

it was housed with his brother and i think they might have had a fight because it was fine yesterday night i fed them stroked them then left them....

Sorry for your loss :( .

If they had a fight bad enough to kill him (him not it) I think there would be blood or obvious injuries.

Just for future reference, you need to get rabbits neutered- males in particular will fight if left entire.

If there are no obvious signs of how he died you could ask your vets for a post mortem?

I'd get your other bun looked at too, just in case... espcially if they had a fight he could have injuries.

Back