• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your Bunny Dream?

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
Come on we all have them. The future is vast and bright, so what is your bunny dream?

Mine is and always has been to have a large group of rabbits, neutered and bonded living a very natural life style, but of course they all love me lots :)

I also aim for when I buy a house in the next few years to convert a double garage or to add onto the house a clean, sparkling rescue, with a little office desk and everything.

So what's yours?

Mine is quite humble, although very much a dream at present - a friend for Spenser! :love:

Obstacles: I live hunderd of miles from the nearest rescue and don't drive, Spenser isn't neutered yet, Spenser may not want a friend, current accomodation doesn't meet RWA and rescue standards ... I could go on... :roll:

Oh, and friend or no friend, I'd like Spenser to eat lots of hay and do lovely golden poops! :D

Erm, lots of land and outbuildings in which I could rehome lots and lots of rescue rabbits. I guess I would like to have a sanctuary but I think that is vastly underestimating how much physical and emotional work it takes. It would be nice to have other animals as well, farm type animals like chicken, sheep, goats etc but I think you would really have to know what you are doing and have lots of energy or people helping you.

Not to mention a lot of money or being prepared to go without any luxuries in life, holidays etc. I dunno :oops::oops:

Mine is for Beano and Gordon to live long, happy, healthy lives together :love:

One for the future is to run my own rescue, and to have lots of house buns who I have rescued :) I would also like to help ill or disabled buns :)

I've always loved the idea of having a large group of bonded rabbits with loads of space and having a more natural diet of lots of herbs and bunny safe plants to eat instead. Won't happen but it would be nice :)

To have enough land and a large enough rescue operation, so that no animal may be turned away ever should they need assistance. To allow a place for animals to live out there time in a sanctuary of comfort, cherished by myself and anyone else who is willing to either volunteer or that i pay to help me.

I'd also like eventually to be able to do something similar to Yorkshire wildlife park- as in rescue big cats - but not as a tourist attraction, in there own native land where possible, which would mean setting up sanctuaries in other parts of the world.

For my business to be large enough and self sufficient enough to fund my animal welfare and rescue operations.

To be able to encourage people to be more green and considerate of animal welfare and conservation so that we can raise humanity to a higher level of consciousness.

To have bunny paradise- loads of land - vast landscapes protected by electric fencing where all the rabbits can live in the sanctuary in social groups like in the wild, but vaccinated and neutered and chipped etc and have daily monitoring and health checks and veterinary care.

To rehome to people who genuinely want to give bunnys and other animals a great future. To try and promote dog kennels for bunnies and shed avairy or playhouse setups with massive runs and in the case of hutch run setups- try promote 3ft wide hutches rather than two and much larger runs than 6x4- perhaps 12x8 as standard practice.

we have house buns anyway....just that they remain healthy and happy:love: i would also love a big garden for them ...even if they never want to go out there:roll::lol:

To get Oscar a girlfriend, and to bunny-proof the front room properly so he can free range (with his new girlfriend) all the time :)

To have enough land and a large enough rescue operation, so that no animal may be turned away ever should they need assistance. To allow a place for animals to live out there time in a sanctuary of comfort, cherished by myself and anyone else who is willing to either volunteer or that i pay to help me.

I'd also like eventually to be able to do something similar to Yorkshire wildlife park- as in rescue big cats - but not as a tourist attraction, in there own native land where possible, which would mean setting up sanctuaries in other parts of the world.

For my business to be large enough and self sufficient enough to fund my animal welfare and rescue operations.

To be able to encourage people to be more green and considerate of animal welfare and conservation so that we can raise humanity to a higher level of consciousness.

To have bunny paradise- loads of land - vast landscapes protected by electric fencing where all the rabbits can live in the sanctuary in social groups like in the wild, but vaccinated and neutered and chipped etc and have daily monitoring and health checks and veterinary care.

To rehome to people who genuinely want to give bunnys and other animals a great future. To try and promote dog kennels for bunnies and shed avairy or playhouse setups with massive runs and in the case of hutch run setups- try promote 3ft wide hutches rather than two and much larger runs than 6x4- perhaps 12x8 as standard practice.

Maybe as a good will people get these lovely hutch's cheaply ;) :roll: :lol:

And to Fran, this is also my dream, we're nearly achieving it. We're building a large run to attach to my shed and bonding at the moment, nearly there.

Maybe as a good will people get these lovely hutch's cheaply ;) :roll: :lol:

And to Fran, this is also my dream, we're nearly achieving it. We're building a large run to attach to my shed and bonding at the moment, nearly there.

Hehe yes- start my own good value manufacturing company for these things :) My own setup needs working on, but i will get there I'm sure. Sounds fab the run your building x

Hehe yes- start my own good value manufacturing company for these things :) My own setup needs working on, but i will get there I'm sure. Sounds fab the run your building x

It's going to be er... fun :roll: :lol:

We're builing a very large one to connect to both sheds with a divider in the hopes of bonding our large group of bunnies with our small group, and then make it one large group with two sheds and a large run. It'll have to be for 13 bunnies :oops:

We're also building a large run that we can put dividers in for the rescue rabbits as well.

I would love to start my own small animal rescue :) especially because one of the main north-east ones has closed down :(

With my current health I'd love to have a bunny proof flat with a bonded pair.

With improved health I'd love a bunny proof house and one pair upstairs, one downstairs.

It's going to be er... fun :roll: :lol:

We're builing a very large one to connect to both sheds with a divider in the hopes of bonding our large group of bunnies with our small group, and then make it one large group with two sheds and a large run. It'll have to be for 13 bunnies :oops:

We're also building a large run that we can put dividers in for the rescue rabbits as well.

I'd like to do something like this and make a big group too. What shed sizes and run space have you decided to give 13? I was a bit unsure how much a large group would need.

It sounds amazing- can't wait for pics once you've finished :)

I would love to have a very small rescue, or to be financially able to take in a couple of ill, disabled or old rabbits and look after them as long as they need me.

And I would like all of my buns to be happy.

Back