• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding - A case of the lion scared of the mouse?

DemiS

Warren Veteran
Flash and Harley (both neutered) have been in the run together for the last few days under close supervision. There's been a lot of humping, from both of them, and a slight bit of chasing (only when they're trying to hump each other and going round in circles :roll: ), no fighting or fur pulling.

Anyway I put them in the hutch yesterday, they were fine through the day and I left them together overnight.

This morning I went to check on them, harley seemed really scared of me and Flash :? I had a good check of them both, neither had been hurt, flash had a tiny bit of spray on him but that was definately wee, not blood. I gave them some veg and flash happily sat and ate it, whereas harley would run up, grab a bit and run off to the opposite side of the hutch away from Flash. He kept running away from me too which he never usually does. Do you think he's scared of Flash, or just trying to avoid being humped? :? Which I haven't seen much of since very early yesterday morning.

Harleys phased by nothing, he's usually a really confident, curious rabbit. Flash is much smaller than him, and a real softie, even the way he hops he's so soft on his feet.

He doesn't sound happy at all, poor mite. I think maybe this bond isn't to be.

Are your breeding females anywhere nearby? I wouldn't try to have two boys (neutered or not) together near an unspayed female.

He doesn't sound happy at all, poor mite. I think maybe this bond isn't to be.

Are your breeding females anywhere nearby? I wouldn't try to have two boys (neutered or not) together near an unspayed female.

With other males he usually attacks them, he's always been good with Flash though. He was happily humping him in the run, flopping out next to Flash :? I've just been back out to watch them for a bit, and it seems he's more annoyed with Flash than scared. I'm tempted to leave them together for a bit longer and just see if Harley gains more confidence(?) around him.

And no my girlies don't live on this property, and have never been in the hutch they're in

Im actually doing the same sort of thing with mine.. theyve been in the run together the last few days but slept seperate.. they wont be sleeping together until im 100% confident that im happy with doing it.. Why dont you just let them in the run together for a few days & leave them now and then until finally you can leave them in the run all day unsupervised... but seperate them at night... its working with mine:wave:Ever day theres less humping/fur pulling:roll: & more sitting together and even some grooming today:shock:

Last edited:
Just thought I'd let you know Harleys quickly gained his confidence back and they were happily snuggled together earlier :D

Back