• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Please - Rabbits weeing everywhere!

attilathebun

Mama Doe
I took Freddy out of my group of 5 because he was being bullied and have paired him up with a lovely new wifeybun, Poppy. They live in a hutch and run in the garage and have 2 litter trays to choose from.

However, they seem to prefer to wee everywhere apart from their litter trays and cleaning up after them every day is becoming quite a chore. I am not sure if both are to blame or just one is the culprit as they always do it when I'm not around. In addition to the wee's all over the floor they can poop for England, believe me :roll:

Can anyone give me some advice please how I can 'train' them to wee in their litter trays and not all over the floor and in their sleeping quarters.

Would add that Freddy is neutered but Poppy has yet to be speyed.

Thanks

Hi,
Do they pick certain spots to leave puddles or just everywhere.

Can you clean it up and put some of the "smell" in the tray so they can smell it and get some hint? Do they have hay in or right by/above their tray?

Sorry, I'm sure someone else will have some better advice.

Thanks Jenson,

They seem to choose random areas as it's not always in the same place.

Their hay rack is placed above one of the litter trays and I do put some hay in the bottom of both trays also. They do some wee's in there as the megazorb is damp when I change their trays so there must be some smell in there but they still seem to just wee wherever they are at the particular moment the need arises!

When I clean up the floor after them I use kitchen paper and an anti bacterial spray to try and eliminate the odours and prevent them coming back to wee again but it just doesn't seem to work.....they haven't got a clue :roll:

You're probably going to struggle until Poppy is spayed to be honest. Sounds like she's marking her territory if she's picking a new place each time.

You're probably going to struggle until Poppy is spayed to be honest. Sounds like she's marking her territory if she's picking a new place each time

I did wonder if this might be a factor. Guess I will have to be patient a little longer until she is speyed. Thanks. :)

Back