• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jumping into my arms...

Rodentranch

Alpha Buck
Our Thomas is not really a cuddly bun - he likes fuss but on his own terms and only just about tolerates being picked up.

Took him to the vet today to have his myxi jab and have his remaining stitches taken out (from his neuter) and whenever he got the chance he launched himself at me and buried himself in my arms. They had to do everything with his head and front legs in my arms and his back feet on the table.

Is this really cute? Or should I be worried? I gave him his greens when we got home and he gobbled them up and is now laying stretched out on the floor.

he loves you :love: my two do this, Im their mummy and protector they feel safe around me and want me to make it stop. Or atleast thats what I think :oops:

I'm no expert but sounds ok to me, like he trusts you.

My usual vet is rabbit savvy and although Jenson doesn't like it, the vet can hold him (I can't, I'm useless, although I did catch him when he tried to escape). When he went for his second check up two weeks after his neuter (glue so no stitches) I saw a different vet who couldn't hold him at all so I put Jenson's head inside my jacket so the vet could listen to his heart/tummy but he was having none of his temperature being done!!

If he's eating, drinking and pooping as normal I'd be happy. They can be subdued after jabs. Stretched out or floppy bunny sounds good to me too.

Awwww that's really sweet :) Sophie used to be like that until her husbun came along and now it's like they both hate me :( they both run away and just want food,even when I stroke them when giving then food they can't get away from me quick enough

Widget does this and Gasket used to. I think it is because they are scared to be honest and want to be somewhere they feel safer.

Bubbles does this at the vet too.

I think it means she's scared, but I also like to think that it must mean she trusts me, otherwise she'd try to leap off the table rather than into my arms.

Sunny did this the other day. He is absolutely terrified of the vets bless him. Whenever he feels frightened he launches himself at me. I'm not sure if it's love or if it's more a fear based reaction. He doesn't jump off the table either, always up into my arms.

Sora did this with me at the vets this morning too (in fact she managed to leap at me and headbutted my throat/voicebox pretty hard :roll:) I don't personally think it's a display of love or being cute, I think it's more of a natural reation when they're scared they feel safe with you because you're familiar to them whereas the vet isn't :wave:

My dear departed Bunny used to do this whenever he was worried and bury his head under my chin, usually at the vets. I do miss him :love:

When he was poorly and hospitalised the vet was chuffed to bits because he had jumped into his arms as well.

Back