• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rowans new harness came :)

vee-jay

Mama Doe
So, it arrived :D

I got 2 for him as I couldnt choose :lol: A luminose green and a blue spotty one. Just got a few pics as he was just away to get his VHD this morning, also because of that i havent been able to try him out on the jumps with it, but will try and get some later of him jumping.
So far he seems to really like them :) the are really soft, and alot easier to get on.

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

What a cute bun!! I have a harness somewhere-not as nice as them. I bought it for Ince who died, he didn't like it and I think it frightend him. So I've not tried it with the others. I don't think I could control them. How do you put them on? Does he struggle? :)

Ah, where did you get them from? They look better than the ones you get in shops. I got some tiny dog ones for my two but they dont fit well enough. I really want one with a bit going down the middle of the front legs or something to stop them 'rolling around' the bun.... I get worried of their legs getting tangled.

Thank you :) I wanted a red one aswell, but they had ran out of red :( :lol:

What a cute bun!! I have a harness somewhere-not as nice as them. I bought it for Ince who died, he didn't like it and I think it frightend him. So I've not tried it with the others. I don't think I could control them. How do you put them on? Does he struggle? :)

This design, which is not normally seen (these were bought from sweden) means that you just slip the head through the front space and do up the buckle around his belly. He dosent mind it really, some rabbits though dont like the feel of a harness around them, so get scared. Also you cant really control them, you just follow :lol: its just there in case they go somewere they shouldnt be going so you can stop them and pick them up :)

Ah, where did you get them from? They look better than the ones you get in shops. I got some tiny dog ones for my two but they dont fit well enough. I really want one with a bit going down the middle of the front legs or something to stop them 'rolling around' the bun.... I get worried of their legs getting tangled.

I bought them from a swedish website ( http://www.rabb-it.se/eng/index.html ). There not too expensive, even for delivery, only cost me £28 for the 2 harnesses and 2 leads :)

just a warning..if you get rabbits used to these from a young age some will accept wearing them

*But* some rabbits are very spooked by any kind of harness as it can feel like a hunting animal has got hold of them..and they will struggle and twist..it has been known for rabbits to break their backs when having a harness put on
So please if you are going to try one out hold your rabbit carefully and be prepared to prevent any accident

You're all just rubbing it in my face that I didn't get to order a harness before she closed for christmas :lol: They all look great though! I've lost two of mine so going to have to buy another before bradford

are you entering the bunny grand national? good luck if you are

cas

yes Rowan has been invited to go, thank you very much :) are you coming along to the show?

Demi, aw, I would let you borrow one of these, but i doubt any of yours would fit in them :lol:

You're all just rubbing it in my face that I didn't get to order a harness before she closed for christmas :lol: They all look great though! I've lost two of mine so going to have to buy another before bradford

I got mine in 4 days once it was posted, she might be able to make one for you quick? If she could get it done by Friday, fingers crossed you'd get it in time. :)

I have two in the jumping (Ones doing a pet factor display too) :)

And thanks Vivien but you're right, I doubt my fatties would fit into it :lol:

Back