• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Towels?

Where do you wash bunny towels- with hay on etc?

• Washing Machine

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • Bath

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bucket of Water ( Or ...other).

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
washing machine even thou every time my mum moans there is hay in there :oops: have no:oops:t tried putting in a pillow case thou! :D may nick your idea :lol:

I also put my dogs muddy towels in the washing machine aswell.
After i have removed them i put the empty washer onto a short rinse cycle so that is washes itself out:lol:

Washing machine (I can't vote in the poll for some reason :? )

If you have the money and space, I'd recommend getting a second washing machine because mine gets hay and fur building up which gets on our clothes.

I just give them a good shake and bung them in the washing machine - no probs so far, but I only have one bunny who lives outside so I don't use towels very much, and mainly for drying off things or for him to lie on/play with indoors. He has fleeces too, which are used more but don't seem to need much washing.

I often hoover them, or give them a good shake and then brush them with a stiff brush while pegged to the washing line. Makes fur go everywhere though! Which is why I prefer padded fleecy blankets cos they are easier to hoover.

Shake them all off in the garden (brushed the fleeces to get the fur off) and then in a pillowcase in the washing machine at a 90 degree wash :D

I wash all pet related items in one of these (( Wash Bags )) in the Washing Machine - though I always sweep fleeces etc first. Towels I hand-pick hay off.

I was going to mention these as I use one for horsey washing. A pillow case is a good idea though but I think you may need to knot it or stuff will just escape during the washing cycle.

I was going to mention these as I use one for horsey washing. A pillow case is a good idea though but I think you may need to knot it or stuff will just escape during the washing cycle.

I've found them really useful. As they're brightly coloured there's no danger of me getting them mixed up with anything else and with the zips being on them I can put dirty washing in as it accumulates before I do my weekly 'pet wash' and smells don't escape.

Back