• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering- Earliest they can go back outside?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
The buns went in 8am Thursday, are they okay to go back outside 8am tomorrow morning?

It's been 48 hours hasn't it, which is the required time. Do you keep buns in longer if it's a spay anyone? I realize castrate is not quite so invasive.

P.s Can i still put hay in the litter trays on newspaper after a neuter or is this too risky?

Anyone ?? I thought it was one night in. Now I'm not sure if it's two or more.

Last edited:
I kept my boys in for 2 nights and they were fine going back outside also fine to go on hay in the litter tray and on the ground.

With my 2 girls I kept them in for 3 nights nor sure what the recommendation was though I think my vet said 2 days also

I kept my boys in for 2 nights and they were fine going back outside also fine to go on hay in the litter tray and on the ground.

With my 2 girls I kept them in for 3 nights nor sure what the recommendation was though I think my vet said 2 days also

Did they come home same day from the vets?

:wave:When my girls were spayed I kept them in for 2 days. The came home from the vets the same day they had the operation.

My girls I kept inside and in a small area for 5 days. Simba went back outside after 2 nights and Louie is a houserabbit anyway, wouldn't be contained so freeranged from the day he was done!

Well it's about 10 degrees at night now. Nothing in the freezing weather. Just abit concerned about it dropping to 1 degree or minus one- which is predicted late at night. Anyway I've kept them in. I don't want to risk it.

Back