• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies holiday is booked..

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
Hey my bunnies are going to board for the 1st EVER time. Im abit scared but i like the place.

Can anyone recommend any questions i need to ask?? please help me :lol:

Ensure that you have visited and are happy with the size of accomodation and run faciliites. Ensure that security of both hutch and run from predators is adequate.

Check that they do not allow rabbits to exercise on grass as transmission of EC is possible due to inability to decontaminate grass. Find out how they decontaminate runs and hutches between boarding rabbits.

Ensure that you are happy with the person who is looking after your rabbits and their knowledge of rabbits care.

Only use the establishment if all rabbits who are boarded are fully vacinated.

Check that you are happy with the vet they use if problems occur.

Ensure that dogs are not allowed near the boarding quarters and that animals including ferrets are not boarded on the same premises.

Ensure that if your rabbits are indoor animals that suitable accomodation / heating is available.

Ensure that the owner will maintain a similiar routine for your pets as you do.

I am sure that there are plenty of other things I would check, these are some I can quickly recall. Most importantly if you are not happy or unsure look elsewhere.

Thank you so much :wave: I have been and checked all that and she seems great. I have never been away from my bunnies as my mum alwasy cared for them but were all going away this year.

That's great - i'm looking into this right now - thanks for asking Hotrod_2008 and janice, thanks for the response - i'd never have known to ask those questions.

That's great - i'm looking into this right now - thanks for asking Hotrod_2008 and janice, thanks for the response - i'd never have known to ask those questions.

There are probably lots more questions you may want to ask, that was the ones which came to mind when I saw the thread.

Thanks Janice. I need to get up there really to check it out. It's mainly a cat boarding place that has branched out. I know the conditions are fantastic for cats but dont know anyone who's used them.

Back