• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eating vibes please for Angel (pets at home headtilt bun)

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
After much thought and vet consultations we decided to send Angel for her spay as she was very hormonal and realy stressing out her friend misty . The only other alternative was to split them up . We didnt want Angel to live her life as a lonely bunny so opted for the spay .
The op went fine with no probs and she coped well with GA etc ... but since coming home she wont eat .. :(

Angel is with her foster mummy Bunnyadict ...who by the way is doing a fabulous job ;)...but i think she could do with some RU vibes .. please :)

Sending tons of vibes for Angel xx

Come on girly - you're a BARC bun' - you just *have* to fight.......

Thanks Angie & thanks guys for your vibes :)

Angel's op was yesterday,so after confining her to a cage overnight & today, I've now moved Angel & Misty into two pens side by side so they can see each other. I think keeping her confined to a cage was contributing to her stress & making her not want to eat.

Angel is very alert & seems to have perked up a little since doing this. She has just eaten about 2 inch square of spring greens, but won't touch anything else :( She's also had some recovery food - we're back at the vets again tomorrow first thing for more meds if needs be.

Please keep those eating vibes coming guys, as we really want Angel to be back with her best buddy soon xxx

A great tip for getting buns to eat is to wipe some honey around their mouths, The cannot help but lick it off and the sugar sets them eating again. A vet told me this and when my cat stopped eating I did it to him, it worked but he didnt like it too much. Buns like honey though. You dont need to use too much.

Let us know if it works.

Lots of munchy vibes for Angel xx

A great tip for getting buns to eat is to wipe some honey around their mouths, The cannot help but lick it off and the sugar sets them eating again. A vet told me this and when my cat stopped eating I did it to him, it worked but he didnt like it too much. Buns like honey though. You dont need to use too much.

Let us know if it works.

Lots of munchy vibes for Angel xx

What a great idea. I'd be interested to know if it works.

Come on Angel let's get nibbling little one ;)

I hope Angel is beginning to eat more now. Do you have any pain relief for her? she is bound to be a bit sore after her op xx

Keeping up vibes for Angel here. I have a special soft spot for her as one of my sponsor buns has a head tilt. :love:

I really do feel for both you and Angel. I have had the exact same saga for the last week following Alices spay but I think we're getting there. Sending lots of vibes- come on Angel nom noms are good xx

Back