• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I maybe having a new addition soon! *Urm, maybe not now !*

Rykat

Mama Doe
.......... of the bunny kind! :lol:

We sadly lost Benji just before Christmas and although Opal seems to be doing really well on her own (too well actually) I don't want to leave her as a single bun and have wussed out trying a trio sooooooo ............ I have 2 homechecks to do tomorrow for the local RSPCA and I thought it rude not to look around whilst I'm there :lol:

I've actually already checked out the buns on their website and there's a few males that I really like but the main thing is which one would be best for Opal, he has to be quite chilled and quiet as she's a bossy madam.

The one I really like was born with only 1 back foot, and dumped in a display hutch outside a pet shop with 2 others :censored:

He's quite tiny apparently and I think Opal might be too much for him, but there's a ginger lop who has had incisors removed but is fine if his veggies are cut up small.

Oh, tis going to be a hard day tomorrow cuddling the bunnys! Realistically though, it doesn't matter which one I like the look of, I'm going to try to see which one has a similar personality to Benji and would be best for Opal ... yes, that's very adult of me, I do shock myself at times!

Will post again if/when I have some news :D

Last edited:
good luck on the bunny friend finding mission:D i hope everything goes well with who ever is the right bun:D the little bun with 3 foots sounds like he needs a good bunny mum;)

Ooooh I was there today and saw the bun with one missing foot, he is adorable! I've never seen so many buns there. We have reserved Daphne and hope to have her home with us in a week or so. We swore we wouldn't replace our other bun, who passed away recently, but two weeks on and we are getting broody :) Have a look at the bun who was dumped in a bin, totally gorgeous he is! How can people do that? :evil:

I think it was you who did our home visit when we got Oscar, he is the most perfect bun.

The lop with no incisors is stunning, the picture on the website doesn't do him justice. I was tempted, but we need a female.

We are going to look again tomorrow, but geez, I just want them all. I'm taking my husband with me so that I don't reserve more ;)

Last edited:
Ooooh I was there today and saw the bun with one missing foot, he is adorable! I've never seen so many buns there. We have reserved Daphne and hope to have her home with us in a week or so. We swore we wouldn't replace our other bun, who passed away recently, but two weeks on and we are getting broody :) Have a look at the bun who was dumped in a bin, totally gorgeous he is! How can people do that? :evil:

I think it was you who did our home visit when we got Oscar, he is the most perfect bun.

Daphane is :love: I cuddled her for ages and ages on Weds so glad she has a home :D

Urm, I might not be looking a new husbun for Opal afterall ...... I may have *ahem* accidentally bonded her and my old guy Harvey :oops: Let him out for a run, Opal was very interested and they were nose to nose through cages, so I chucked them both in a carrier, walked round the house with them and then put them in the bath ... absolutely nothing from either of them, both eating from same pile of food, can it be that easy? I've wussed out and separated them overnight but will "date" them again tomorrow, if it takes a month I don't care!

Will start a new thread :)

Back