• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cleaning bunny bums!

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
im fostering a rabbit for pixierabbit rescue and she needs her bum cleaned everyday i do it in the bath with a shower and have just done her daily bum clean now and she decided it would be fun to flick poo all over my face :mrgreen: cute thing is after when i wrap her up in a towel she lies in my arms like a baby :love:

I really want to bond her with my 2 :oops: but know that would be very naughty! lol I need my wrist slapped!

Our last rabbit needed this, I think they do as they get older, I used to use baby wipes, it saved getting her excessively wet, and drying her which she hated.

Jane

its because the girl who owned the bun before Pixierabbit got her never groomed her and shes badly matted, Ive tried cutting away the knots myself but she cries and grunts and attacks me she does the same if i touch them with a brush which is why she needs to go to the vets to be sheard she has a knotty bum and the poo just sticks to the knots then when she sits down the poo squashes if that makes sense. I know messy bums can also mean teeth problems and other health problems i worry because flies will be hatching soon and she will be a target for fly strike.

Back