• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Tray - Modification to allow entry from only one side?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys,

Currently use 32L underbed storage boxes as litter trays.

Does anyone know if i modified one so you could only get in from one end (one of the thinner ends) by making the other sides a LOT higher, whether a bun would struggle to work out how to get in to it etc?

Most of you will wonder why, but just humour me :)

Ta.

I think they would be able to work it out or if you showed them a few times where the entrance is they will get it, my boys keep figuring out how to get behind the sofa past everything i put in there way so i believe they are quite smart :)

Yeah I reckon so. Bunnies are smart. I had the dog crate set up so they could only exit from one side of the litter tray so that any mess from them jumping out went in the crate. They soon worked out that they had to go through the dog crate to get to it.

im thinking i could make a wooden 'tray' almost with high (over 1ft) sides on 3 of the sides and the front open then i could just remove the tray to clean it.

*ponders*

Do you mean like a tall three sided upturned box that the tray slots inside?

Plans, Gray, plans!!!!!!!!! :p Need visuals :p

I thought your paint skillz were quite good :lol: Better than anything I could do in paint (or Photoshop for that matter!!)

I end up doing mine on graph paper (I :love: graph paper *is very sad*)

Mad Paint Skillz :D

trayidea.png

Back