• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What litter tray do you use?

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Besides underbed storage boxes, i take it most people have a litter tray or two laying around in hutches runs.

Which kind do you use. I used to use the big wilkos ones but they don't really do the job. I noticed the pets at home large ones are reasonable and have a rim round- i think they are £9 for one though.

Does anyone else have any other ideas ? What do you use? Thanks.

Besides underbed storage boxes, i take it most people have a litter tray or two laying around in hutches runs.

Which kind do you use. I used to use the big wilkos ones but they don't really do the job. I noticed the pets at home large ones are reasonable and have a rim round- i think they are £9 for one though.

Does anyone else have any other ideas ? What do you use? Thanks.

I use cheapy ones from poundland :) they're just average type though. I also have used the draws you can get from IKEA in their storage sectiong, very similar to that of a litter tray.

I have loads of these and to be honest though expensive they are the best ones I've got as they fit the hutches exactly.

I also have some massive corner ones but they'll only fit in the 2.5ft deep hutches as they are huge.

I have loads of these and to be honest though expensive they are the best ones I've got as they fit the hutches exactly.

I also have some massive corner ones but they'll only fit in the 2.5ft deep hutches as they are huge.

Do you have any links to where i can get some please? ty xx

I've got the ones with a rim - Bubbles would like to stick her bottom out of the tray and wee over the side so the rim stops her from doing it. :lol::lol:

I've got the ones with a rim - Bubbles would like to stick her bottom out of the tray and wee over the side so the rim stops her from doing it. :lol::lol:

The pets at home ones? I find these really good so far- was just wondering if there are any other good choices.

I use cat litter trays from tesco.
Herbie & Inca fit in one at the same time.

They cost about £3.50, but have lasted ages.

:wave:

Ive got the high backed pink boutique one from P@H, one of my buns is a big lad so this suits him perfectly! Was only £8 and obv I love it coz its PINK!lol :lol:

32L underbed storage x2.

Not that anything stays in them when Biscuit puts his builders hat on... :roll:

The pets at home ones? I find these really good so far- was just wondering if there are any other good choices.

Yes, but they've started stocking a slightly different one recently - mine are the old ones. This is the cat's one, but the buns have the same ones. I've got 4 for the buns that I use in rotation (2 each day).

IMG041.jpg

I tried underbed storage boxes but found them a little too big tbh, and with any other kind of tray Bubbles can hang her bottom over the side. :roll: :lol:

I have used both Poundland litter trays which were ok and underbed boxes - good but took up too much space.

Last week I discovered a good alternative - Wilkinsons propagator trays. They are made of thick black plastic, and are bigger than the cheap litter trays and more sturdy. They are what you use for planting seeds in. It was about £2.50.

The sides aren't very high though so probably no good for big bunnies or ones that like to wee up the walls a bit.

I mostly use underbed boxes, but also use the large cat trays from Wilkinsons (think they're around £2.50) for those older bunnies that can't quite jump into the storage boxes.

The Wilkinson ones are good thick plastic and wash well

I've started buying washing up bowls from Yorkshire Trading, there's a few different sizes but are deeper than the average litter tray and only about £1.50 - £2.50.

Back