• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long haired rabbits getting wet

littlespoon

Young Bun
I might be being paranoid, so I wanted to ask others thoughts.

I'ts been raining pretty solidly here for the last week and I honestly don't think I've seen the rabbits dry in that time. Their fur is always wet and they completely refused to use any of the shelter available to them. I know they can with stand rain but it's the fact that it's constant that worries me. That and the long haired girl is always dragging her fur in the wet.

Am I worrying over nothing?

Is is just the top coat thats wet or all the way through? If its the later you could always give them a quick towel dry.

My rabbits sit out in the rain too sometimes, if they get too wet i dry them with an old towel :wave:

They usually dont sit out in it so they are soaked though.

Are they free range or in a run?

If they are in a run you could cover the top to stop the rain? :)

They're free range but they have a two hutches as shelter plus runaround tubes and a tree to hide under.

Mostly it's the the top coat and their feet. I have found them soaked through once and they got a good towelling off which they seemed really offended by.

They pretty much only go inside to eat and sleep.

Back