• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We CAN help put an end to future 'Norfolk Bunnies'

Toadie

Alpha Buck
Di, the lovely lady who owns Hoppy Holidays has just sent me an Email. Like everyone else she has been sickened by the discovery of the bunnies in Norfolk :censored::evil::evil: She has asked me to remind everyone to please buy their Bunny supplies from pet-shops that do not sell livestock - maybe this can put an end to indiscriminate breeding, atrocious standards etc.
Although I know RU doesn't allow advertising, for any RU'ers in and around Worcestershire who would like to do so, she uses a lady called Anne who owns the Pershore Pet and Livestock Stall in Pershore, Di say's she is lovely and is willing to order, nothing is too much trouble. For anyone who would like her phone number or contact address please p.m me.
I know this isn't always possible, especially when transport is concerned (I have this problem) but by maybe spending a little bit more on a bus fare, or by paying a few pound extra for postage, we can all do our best to stop this horrific cruelty from happening again. Lets make a start to avoid using pet shops selling livestock.
Kirsty.

Di, the lovely lady who owns Hoppy Holidays has just sent me an Email. Like everyone else she has been sickened by the discovery of the bunnies in Norfolk :censored::evil::evil: She has asked me to remind everyone to please buy their Bunny supplies from pet-shops that do not sell livestock - maybe this can put an end to indiscriminate breeding, atrocious standards etc.
Although I know RU doesn't allow advertising, for any RU'ers in and around Worcestershire who would like to do so, she uses a lady called Anne who owns the Pershore Pet and Livestock Stall in Pershore, Di say's she is lovely and is willing to order, nothing is too much trouble. For anyone who would like her phone number or contact address please p.m me.
I know this isn't always possible, especially when transport is concerned (I have this problem) but by maybe spending a little bit more on a bus fare, or by paying a few pound extra for postage, we can all do our best to stop this horrific cruelty from happening again. Lets make a start to avoid using pet shops selling livestock.
Kirsty.

That's a great idea. :thumb:

That's a really good idea! I will probably get everything for Oscar from the pet supplies stall at the indoor market (where they have a board devoted to several rescues), the vets and online. Come on people!!

Thankfully loads of places round here sell pet stuff without the pets, and its cheaper too! If in doubt online only suppliers are great for the stuff youc ant get elsewhere. My local garage has been ordering in food for me because its 2 mins from home and £3 cheaper than anywhere else.

my local pet supply shop doesnt sell animals however i do have to buy my chinchilla food from teh gaden centre as its the only place local i can buy the pellets :? but i could look into buying them online in future :)

my local pet supply shop doesnt sell animals however i do have to buy my chinchilla food from teh gaden centre as its the only place local i can buy the pellets :? but i could look into buying them online in future :)

It is worth talking to a non livestock selling pet shop and asks them if they can get what you are looking for in, many will order something for you if their supplier is able to get it.

The place I go to doesn't sell bunnies but does trade horses :( but I'd be lost without them. :( The place I get my huge bunches of herbs from sadly sells bunnies but I'm currently looking for alternatives to this.

Di, the lovely lady who owns Hoppy Holidays has just sent me an Email. Like everyone else she has been sickened by the discovery of the bunnies in Norfolk :censored::evil::evil: She has asked me to remind everyone to please buy their Bunny supplies from pet-shops that do not sell livestock - maybe this can put an end to indiscriminate breeding, atrocious standards etc. Although I know RU doesn't allow advertising, for any RU'ers in and around Worcestershire who would like to do so, she uses a lady called Anne who owns the Pershore Pet and Livestock Stall in Pershore, Di say's she is lovely and is willing to order, nothing is too much trouble. For anyone who would like her phone number or contact address please p.m me.
Kirsty.

I know and i'd love to stop buying from a pet shop that sells livestock but it's not possible - i'd have to drive for over an hour to get SS - and i dont drive!

I buy in bulk - saving me money and hopefully cutting their profits though!

I know and i'd love to stop buying from a pet shop that sells livestock but it's not possible - i'd have to drive for over an hour to get SS - and i dont drive!

I buy in bulk - saving me money and hopefully cutting their profits though!

The Range and Hayexperts sell SS :wave:

Just last Saturday I bought a bag of hay from my local independent, non-livestock selling pet store.

I can't wait to finish the bag. It's such poor quality and so far I've found a small part of a brick, a lump of chalk and a dead beetle. Beetles I guess I can understand but bricks?? And there's really thick stalks in there too.

I want to buy my hay from a farm but haven't been able to find one locally (tried the 'net and yell.com). My only other alternative where I know the hay is good and it's close is the dreaded p@h.

I've decided to just go to The Range and stock up as they're reasonably cheap and have SS too. Shame it's a 45 min drive away:roll:

The place I go to doesn't sell bunnies but does trade horses :( but I'd be lost without them. :( The place I get my huge bunches of herbs from sadly sells bunnies but I'm currently looking for alternatives to this.

Grow your own, far cheaper

Just last Saturday I bought a bag of hay from my local independent, non-livestock selling pet store.

I can't wait to finish the bag. It's such poor quality and so far I've found a small part of a brick, a lump of chalk and a dead beetle. Beetles I guess I can understand but bricks?? And there's really thick stalks in there too.

I want to buy my hay from a farm but haven't been able to find one locally (tried the 'net and yell.com). My only other alternative where I know the hay is good and it's close is the dreaded p@h.

I've decided to just go to The Range and stock up as they're reasonably cheap and have SS too. Shame it's a 45 min drive away:roll:

Start a thread asking others in your area to advise a suitable place nearby.

I have a feed shop near me who is willing to order stock...sh's getting Royal Canin in for me ....well not me Tia :roll::lol:

She has asked me to remind everyone to please buy their Bunny supplies from pet-shops that do not sell livestock - maybe this can put an end to indiscriminate breeding, atrocious standards etc.

Lets make a start to avoid using pet shops selling livestock.

:thumb: Absolutely agree with you :wave: I buy all my bunny stuff from Hay Experts and Dust Free Hay and would never put my money into a business selling creatures. It saddens me to see threads promoting bits and pieces from P@H on here, but I guess a lot of people on the forum aren't against pet shops selling bunnies so wouldn't withdraw their custom anyway. For those who do believe that shops selling animals are wrong to do so, please spend your money wisely :)

Back