• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Make Mine Chocolate! Press Release - Britains Hidden Shame (UPSETTING IMAGE FOLLOWS)

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Our press release following on from the Horsford and previously the Lymington rescues is now on the Make Mine Chocolate website for download/printing and e-mailing to your contacts and friends.

It has also gone to all the UK press and media.

Available here (under Media and Pr/press releases)

http://www.makeminechocolate.org.uk/media-a-pr/press-releases

Downloads/Posters available here

http://www.makeminechocolate.org.uk/media-a-pr/downloads

Thank you folks for you passion about the last few day's events - let's not let our energy and the suffering and dreadful lives of those poor rabbits go to waste - this has to STOP!

Last edited:
:love: It's brillliant - just a thought, have you ever thought of approaching chocolate manufacturers like Lindt for example to see if they will sponsor MMC for advertising them?

Brilliant idea :)

Twitter is nearing 20k peoples feeds for the horsford hastag too :) I'm still going now but Phone running low on battery now

****upsetting Image Follows*****

Images available for web/forums/e-mail etc on the web and FB page. Please share - we can only make a difference to rabbits in the UK if we make people aware what is going on behind closed doors.

MMC-Back-Yard-Breeders-low-res-for-web-promo.gif

MMC-STOPv2Jpg.gif

MMC-STOP.jpg

Last edited:
oh gods you could have put a warning about upsetting images on here too..im having nightmares after seeing one pic on fbook:cry::cry:

could you do a txt only version of the original thread..plees..i cant be the only one who cant handle the images..like those groups on facebook about animals being skinned alive etc..id join this and that :cry:nd ive signed so many petitions..but will not or cannot when there are these pics that get in your head..and make you sick and cry.

for those of us with a weak stomach........a txt only version..please please.

oh gods you could have put a warning about upsetting images on here too..im having nightmares after seeing one pic on fbook:cry::cry:

could you do a txt only version of the original thread..plees..i cant be the only one who cant handle the images..like those groups on facebook about animals being skinned alive etc..id join this and that :cry:nd ive signed so many petitions..but will not or cannot when there are these pics that get in your head..and make you sick and cry.

for those of us with a weak stomach........a txt only version..please please.

Unfortunately images like this will be the only thing that makes people realise exactly how awful these kinds of situation are.

We can send some out if people want to contact info@makeminechocolate.org - we'll be getting them produced as quickly as we can.

OK thanks, I will buy some MMC merchandise at some point to make up for the cost incurred - please don't take this as a criticism because it's not really, I think the second one showing the charred bunny might not be suitable for young children or schools tbh - it's so difficult because clearly it happened and someone had to see that in person but, after reading Purplebumble's post i suppose it may be a bit too upsetting for some:?

OK thanks, I will buy some MMC merchandise at some point to make up for the cost incurred - please don't take this as a criticism because it's not really, I think the second one showing the charred bunny might not be suitable for young children or schools tbh - it's so difficult because clearly it happened and someone had to see that in person but, after reading Purplebumble's post i suppose it may be a bit too upsetting for some:?

You are right and I've just asked Julia to produce one with an image suitable for schools / public notice boards etc.

It's a good point, but in the main, I do think that people need to see exactly what goes on.

Unfortunately images like this will be the only thing that makes people realise exactly how awful these kinds of situation are.

Not sure, some people respond more to words than pictures and vice versa.

In terms of the pictures my reservation is that when appealing to a young child not to have a rabbit you can't show them something like the second image, the first poster maybe but not the second.

Me personally I don't need the pictures my imagination is vivid enough - but maybe others do.

You are right and I've just asked Julia to produce one with an image suitable for schools / public notice boards etc.

It's a good point, but in the main, I do think that people need to see exactly what goes on.

Thats a good idea, I agree, it's awful but, the animals have to endure it and that is far more of a living nightmare.

Not sure, some people respond more to words than pictures and vice versa.

In terms of the pictures my reservation is that when appealing to a young child not to have a rabbit you can't show them something like the second image, the first poster maybe but not the second.

Me personally I don't need the pictures my imagination is vivid enough - but maybe others do.

See previous post Amy - agree

I think the charred bunny one is good for sending to MP's with a letter and the other one aswell.

I think the charred bunny one is good for sending to MP's with a letter and the other one aswell.

Agree, its a matter of 'horses for courses' The new one should be fine for schools, hopefully it can be used as a questioning tool... 'what is wrong with the bunny in the picture' kind of exercise. It should be available here soon.

Back