• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ooops

I'm so tired to read it all but interested to know which bit is bad? Please can you tell me and I will read that part only, don't know if I want to though. :shock:

:lol: Actually it's not as bad as I first thought, it's the housing bit and the hutches and the fact that you shouldn't feed more than a carrot a week in fresh food :lol:

er - my maths is terrible but are they suggesting a hutch that is 2ftW?

if so thats odd because some of the other wording on there isnt too bad so to get the hucth size that wrong..... i really would hope its a typo and they meant 6ft not 600mm :/

maybe someone should contact them?

EDIT: 600mm = 1.9ft...... that cant be right, they cant actually be suggesting that surely?

The recommended cage size; the 'balanced diet of pellets', the 'spray him with water' bit...

lol i heard that spray with water bit but wouldnt that make ur rabbit think he just sprayed on me u :censored: lol i got told to do it once and i was like are u an idiot or wat lol

400mm is 1.3ft - that would literally be the size of the rabbit

so they are suggesting a hutch of 2ftx2ftx1ft basically........ that cant be serious?!

again - hope its a typo because if they have mm instead of ft then it would read 6ftx4ftx6ft.....

Done lets hope they read the link to the RWA

Dear Sir / Madam,

I visited your webpage this evening and was a bit confused to find information regarding the housing of rabbits that is considerably out of date and incorrect. I’m not sure if this is an oversight or deliberately inaccurate in order to endorse your own substandard housing products that your selling but, I thought I’d advise you and provide a link so that you can update the information accordingly.

Here is a link to the Rabbit Welfare Association guidelines for housing rabbits in suitable accommodation to promote health and well-being www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/animal_welfare_bill_lft.pdf
It also contains information on the correct dietary requirements rabbits have and a comprehensive list of safe fresh foods for them which they do require more than once a week.

Another point you’ve made which is of concern to me is that when litter training your rabbit you can spray them with water!!! Where did you get this information from? – It’s completely inappropriate and nonsense – training a prey animal like a rabbit must be based only on positive re-enforcement techniques – anything else will only create a circle of fear and confusion with your rabbit so please remove this ridiculous suggestion.

I hope this has helped and when you read the RWA leaflet you will see that you can only improve the information you have which is better for your website, customers and viewing public because it provides more up to date, accurate advice.

Thank-you

Done lets hope they read the link to the RWA

Dear Sir / Madam,

I visited your webpage this evening and was a bit confused to find information regarding the housing of rabbits that is considerably out of date and incorrect. I’m not sure if this is an oversight or deliberately inaccurate in order to endorse your own substandard housing products that your selling but, I thought I’d advise you and provide a link so that you can update the information accordingly.

Here is a link to the Rabbit Welfare Association guidelines for housing rabbits in suitable accommodation to promote health and well-being www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/content/leaflet_pdfs/animal_welfare_bill_lft.pdf
It also contains information on the correct dietary requirements rabbits have and a comprehensive list of safe fresh foods for them which they do require more than once a week.

Another point you’ve made which is of concern to me is that when litter training your rabbit you can spray them with water!!! Where did you get this information from? – It’s completely inappropriate and nonsense – training a prey animal like a rabbit must be based only on positive re-enforcement techniques – anything else will only create a circle of fear and confusion with your rabbit so please remove this ridiculous suggestion.

I hope this has helped and when you read the RWA leaflet you will see that you can only improve the information you have which is better for your website, customers and viewing public because it provides more up to date, accurate advice.

Thank-you

sounds great apart from the amount of exclamation marks after "spray them with water". Makes it less efficient if you know what I mean? :lol: Ah well, hope they read it and make a change, that's all that matters! :)

sounds great apart from the amount of exclamation marks after "spray them with water". Makes it less efficient if you know what I mean? :lol: Ah well, hope they read it and make a change, that's all that matters! :)

:lol: The layout was better on my email when I copied and pasted it went a bit haywire, lets hope they take note!

Where does it say to spray your rabbit??!

It just sayes :
spray a bitter product like Bitter Safe Mist on the spot to discourage a repeat occurrence.

Where does it say to spray your rabbit??!

It just sayes :
spray a bitter product like Bitter Safe Mist on the spot to discourage a repeat occurrence.

Just before that -If your rabbit starts to lift his tail to urinate, spray him with a water bottle and return him to his cage.

Back