• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eeeep

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I've just been looking at Mischa in the litter tray and he stopped and pawed at his face a lot. So I picked him up and have a look cos I was worried that maybe he'd hurt his teeth or something and saw a tiny bit of hay on the side of his mouth.

I'd bought him downstairs and had a good look and pulled it out gently and it kept coming :shock: Ended up pulling out a piece of hay abut an inch and a half long. :shock:

I've been thinking the past couple of days that that side of his face hasn't looked right. Could it have been there for that long and caused some swelling and irritation? He's been eating fine although I have seen him eat a few times and thought, again, that something hasn't looked quite right.

I don't know anything about it, but I didn't want to just read and run...

Hopefully he is ok now, poor little fella. I can't imagine how it could have gotten stuck in the first place

Goodness! :shock: Can you see any swelling in his mouth? Glad it's not Spenser, who would not submit to the necessary handling. :roll: The fact he kept eating is probably a good sign as any pain would surely have put him off.

It could have been irritating him I suppose? I've not really had any experience of it.
Ruby once had a stick in her mouth that I had to remove, but it hadn't been there long as I'd been checking on them all day. I did wonder how it had managed to get stuck though.
keep an eye on him, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Goodness! :shock: Can you see any swelling in his mouth? Glad it's not Spenser, who would not submit to the necessary handling. :roll: The fact he kept eating is probably a good sign as any pain would surely have put him off.

I can't really see IN his mouth but the side of his mouth on the outside looks a bit swollen and just not symmetrical. If it hasn't gone down by tomorrow I think I might take him to the vets. I'm definitely going to mention it on Monday when I take him for a checkup anyway.

I've no experience of this but sounds like it will be good to get your vet to check it out when you go.

I've had a look at him just now and it already looks more 'normal', now whether that's just my eyes I don't know but I really don't think it's a coincidence.

I've had a look at him just now and it already looks more 'normal', now whether that's just my eyes I don't know but I really don't think it's a coincidence.

Schuette,

Do you and me live parallel lives?

This is what came out of Ginger just after a week of being here. It was in where her whiskers were right next to the eye :shock:

ginger01-1.jpg

You can't tell the size, but its just over an inch long. Took it to the vets, he couldnt believe it was harbouring there.

Oh this is getting a bit bizarre :lol:

I still have it :oops: I might take a photo later but we have men here lagging the loft so at the moment I can't actually get out of this room. :oops::lol:

*desperately hoping Smudge doesn't go into stasis*

Oh this is getting a bit bizarre :lol:

I still have it :oops: I might take a photo later but we have men here lagging the loft so at the moment I can't actually get out of this room. :oops::lol:

*desperately hoping Smudge doesn't go into stasis*

This is totally random :lol:

I'm sure Smudgey will be okay, i can't remember, is it smudge and nutmeg in your room or the lops? I think its the lops?

This is totally random :lol:

I'm sure Smudgey will be okay, i can't remember, is it smudge and nutmeg in your room or the lops? I think its the lops?

Lops in my room, N&S in the study room where I am now. Sometimes I sit in my room with the laptop so I probably confuse everyone :oops::lol:

In Mischa news that side of his face definitely looks less 'weird' although it's still not entirely right so I think I'll leave it today (I'd have to wait until these workman go, and then we have some coming back this afternoon to do the walls, it's all go today) and I'll mention it on Monday.

I was about right with my guestimation :oops: It was in his mouth bent double like that. I really hope it's the cause and not the effect.

_IGP1223-vi.jpg

I sat with them last night hand feeding bits of oat, wheat and barley hay and he was favouring that side where I took the bit out whereas when I'd watched him eat hay before he was favouring the other side.

Blimey :shock:

It could have been swollen due to a bit of infection surrounding the piece of hay. I would keep a close eye and, if it's still swollen in a couple of days, you may need some antibiotic.

I was about right with my guestimation :oops: It was in his mouth bent double like that. I really hope it's the cause and not the effect.

_IGP1223-vi.jpg

I sat with them last night hand feeding bits of oat, wheat and barley hay and he was favouring that side where I took the bit out whereas when I'd watched him eat hay before he was favouring the other side.

That's a B&Q value tape measure isn't it? :lol:

Thats just insane though, seriously. I'm sure it'll be cause :)

Blimey :shock:

It could have been swollen due to a bit of infection surrounding the piece of hay. I would keep a close eye and, if it's still swollen in a couple of days, you may need some antibiotic.

He's on penicillin for his snuffles anyway. :oops: And metacam.

His face still looks wrong from certain angles :? Sometimes it looks right, sometimes it looks wrong. I can't put my finger on it. He's happy for me to feel it and he's eating fine (he jumped on my back today while I was trying to sort out pellets :roll:) It's just so odd. It couldn't be an abscess could it? Maybe from the bit of hay? I would imagine he wouldn't like me touching it if it was an abscess though.

Back