• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jasper in his new harness

Jasper's harness from sweden came! :) Only took 4 working days too :) I ordered him one from there because I wanted to get one that would be a better fitting and more comfy than his current 2. :D He is happy in it because it's a nice soft material and doesn't go around his neck as it's a shoulder harness. I think he likes how long the lead is too because he can run far in front of me. :roll: :lol: So now he can run around the garden without getting lost under the decking. :oops: My other 3 bunnies don't need the harnesses because they aren't as adventurous as Jasper! :lol: It's also perfect for Jasper to jump in because it's as though he's not wearing one, it's that soft! :love: And yes, he loves to jump off harness as well as on it. :) It was quite expensive at £17 but he's my baby and I love him. :love:

Anyway, here's my gorgeous boy modelling his shoulder harness! :love: Hope you like it? :wave:
DSCF0613.jpg

DSCF0623.jpg

DSCF0622.jpg

DSCF0620.jpg

DSCF0627.jpg

Last edited:
He looks very pleased with it, and it's lovely that you take such trouble to do the best for all your furries. :D My friends had a harness for their mini-lop, but he hated it and chewed through it. To be honest I think the younger children probably dragged him about in it, which would put anybun off!

He looks very pleased with it, and it's lovely that you take such trouble to do the best for all your furries. :D My friends had a harness for their mini-lop, but he hated it and chewed through it. To be honest I think the younger children probably dragged him about in it, which would put anybun off!

Thanks and aww bless. :( I just follow Jasper on his :lol: Unless he heads towards the decking, I would never drag him, he is easy to scoop up, he's such a good boy. :love:

Don't like it but, then I don't like rabbits on harnesses anyway, on dogs yes I prefer them to collars. I don't like seeing rabbits with collars or harnesses, my first doe came with a harness and it was left on her 24/7 because they are not easy (particularly for the rabbit) to put on and take off, when I took it off she was so happy and relieved, we became best friends within an hour of her being given to me to look after because I took that harness off, she was over the moon :)

Don't like it but, then I don't like rabbits on harnesses anyway, on dogs yes I prefer them to collars. I don't like seeing rabbits with collars or harnesses, my first doe came with a harness and it was left on her 24/7 because they are not easy (particularly for the rabbit) to put on and take off, when I took it off she was so happy and relieved, we became best friends within an hour of her being given to me to look after because I took that harness off, she was over the moon :)

Aww what a shame, that poor bunny, she'd probably been dragged around in it and maybe even got it stuck on things, bunnies should never be left in a harness un attended! :( Great that she had you to get it off her. :love:

One of my buns hates harnesses so I wouldn't dream of putting her in it, it's cruel if they don't like it. Jasper however, doesn't mind his harness at all and binkies in it. :) I don't want to let Jasper live a life in just a run for his exercise, so if I can't give him free time in parts of the garden without it being being dangerous for him, I will do what ever I can to make sure he's happy and can have fun. :love: Hense the reason I spent a lot of money on the right harness for him, that is easy to take on and off, is soft material, not tight and rough and he really doesn't mind it at all. I can assure you, I am not cruel and I would never force any of my rabbits to do or wear something they didn't want to. :? Jasper enjoys being in his harness and lead because he gets to spend time with me and can go really far as the lead is extra long. :D I would rather he got to enjoy this time than risking his life.

Nice to hear your opinion though but I think it was a bit harsh coming straight out with "don't like it." I love Jasper and it's his gotcha day today, I would never do anything to hurt him. :love:

Last edited:
We had one for Rubens and he wasn't keen on it, it's one of them things that they either like or they dont.

He looks very handsome in his btw!

it looks lovely on him, its one of those things they either like it or don;t, i admit i have harness for locksley and he couldn't care less when he has it on, i just put it on for safety if i take him to vets in car and hold him on my lap rather then getting out the carrier, he loves it

i think used correctly then they are fine if the bunny likes wearing them :) rosie i never put one on her, mowgli i did when he got old and blind soo i could let him still play out but be safe with me :D mitzi wore one too and i used to show jump him in my back garden, a long time ago that was, but he also jumped off lead for us, that was way bck before they did show jumping for rabbits here

Nice to hear your opinion though but I think it was a bit harsh coming straight out with "don't like it." I love Jasper and it's his gotcha day today, I would never do anything to hurt him. :love:

Sorry I deliberately didn't say I hated it so as not to be harsh, Jasper is lovely, clearly you love him, I just don't like harnesses for rabbits :wave:

Sorry I deliberately didn't say I hated it so as not to be harsh, Jasper is lovely, clearly you love him, I just don't like harnesses for rabbits :wave:

Ok, you dont like harnesses...sorry, you hate harnesses. Why bother commenting then? :?

Its lovely Emma :) Far better quality and looks much more comfortable than those horrible ones you get in pet shops here. The straps are nice and thick so probably give more support and dont dig in.

One question though, has he got it on right? It looks like his front leg is supposed to go through the square and the strap under his chest between his legs. If that makes sense :lol:

Last edited:
Ok, you dont like harnesses...sorry, you hate harnesses. Why bother commenting then? :?

Its lovely Emma :) Far better quality and looks much more comfortable than those horrible ones you get in pet shops here. The straps are nice and thick so probably give more support and dont dig in.

One question though, has he got it on right? It looks like his front leg is supposed to go through the square and the strap under his chest between his legs. If that makes sense :lol:

yes they are designed like that soo they donlt pull on the neck :wave:

I actually had reservations about rabbit harnesses until I saw the thread of Jasper's jumping photos you posted a while back - it was clear he was a happy bunny!

Happy Gotcha Day Jasper! :love::love::love:

Back