• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stasis - help

x-vic-x

Mama Doe
just wondering how long after stasis meds have been administed should I start to see an improvement.

or how long should I leave it before going back to the vets. :(

She had, metacam, baytril and metacroprimide at about 7pm. All injected.

She has had a drink and eaten a tiny bit of hay but thats it. No poos.

oral meds or injected meds...and what meds..

usually its a mix of zantac..metaclopramide....metacam or another painkiller...and some infacol drops from the shops.

injected works fastest and better but then needs to be supplemented with oral meds..and syringe feeding....

if youve had a mix of the lot and have been doing it for more than 24hrs you should see some difference..not much but a teeny bit...and each day should be getting better...bit by bit....the appearance of poops no matter how small as long as quantity is getting more and more is a good sign....:wave:

BUT HOWEVER THAT IS A GENRALISATION...EACH AND EVERY BUNNY IS AN INDIVIDUAL AND AN INDIVIDUAL CASE!

She had, metacam, baytril and metacroprimide at about 7pm. All injected.

She has had a drink and eaten a tiny bit of hay but thats it. No poos.

The fact that she is drinking for herself and nibbling hay is very good news. Try to encourage more drinking and offer her some wet veg too (if she is used to veg).

If she is OK at being handled some gentle abdominal massage can help. As can getting her to hop about. But dont be too forceful with getting her moving. It will be counterproductive if she gets stressed.

Poos may take a good few hours to appear and you may need to take her back to the Vet for more medication. Metoclop really needs to be given every 8 hours initially.

I am afraid I am going offline now, but I hope Bun feels better very soon. If you remain concerned tonight I'd call the emergency Vet for advice xx

hi, my rabbit was also given these meds at the emergency vet but didn't make it. if she doesnt improve during the night and goes off her food and is lethargic i would phone the vets. i wouldn't wait till the morning. really hope your bunny improves. sending loads of vibes.xx

Oh, it's horrible waiting for poos isn't it? :oops:
It's only been a couple of hours since she had the meds, and the fact she is drinking is a good sign.
Keep your eye on her tonight, and hopefully she'll start to eat a little more. It does take a while for the meds to work and work through the system. If you're worried though, ring the vet.

Back