• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dora and her EC battle

bunlover

Warren Veteran
hi everyone, i just wanted to thankyou all for her previous vibes and update you today was day 28 of her pannacur(and metacam) course she was on a double dosage (as are all the rest of the bunnies)
she has made almost a miracle recovery she is still a little bit limpy on her back leg but no where near what she originally was, she can even balence n her back legs and wash again, her eyes are bright her ears have gone back up (after last fit they went lopped) and she is eating huge amounts of food and has defiantly put on weight her poops are big and golden and she is no longer wet underneath i havent bathed her in over a week! and her fur is growing back (it fell out from urine scold) she is almost back to how she was before any of this occoured, i have also (touch wood) seen no more seizures, have taken all advice and bleach cleaned all items steam cleaned carpets and bleah mopped floors dora and arthur are still indoors and arthurs course is still ongoing of pannacur but im so grateful she seems well again i genuinly thought after the last siezure we might lose her and while i know it may occour again at least now i am more aware of it, coco and kitty are still in glos and are on pannacur too all areas there have been cleaned up and i will do the hutches and decking before they return back outdoors again. what a journey but dora has really fought back hard! :) x

just a final update really all the buns are finished their meds now and dora seems fine she still hops slightly wonky on one side and she goes into a fit/spasm if turned on her back for more than about 1min which is a shame as that measn there must be some permenant damage to her brain i guess, but her fur has completly regrown and she is back using her litter tray! (soooooo happy about this) otherwise she has no remaining symptoms thankyou once again to everyone for the help and support you gave us.

So pleased Dora is well again. This sounds exactly what my bun Hopscotch had 3 years ago, she was so weak and very unstable on her legs but in time she became stronger and stronger, hope this helps. xx :love::love:

Pleased she won over the EC! When Shadow and Betty were babies they and the rest of their litter all had EC. So we had to panacur everybun. Shadow still has a slight head tilt, and we lost three of her siblings sadly due to EC (before vet confirmed it was EC we weren't sure what was wrong thought ear infection and she had been treated for that first)

It makes me happy to see buns winning over this horrible disease! It really can be very awful!

Back