• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to rehome a bunny (and hamster)

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
It has come to light today that I may need to rehome Milo and Bubbles my hamster. I think my partner and I may be going to split soon and I will have to go back home (Australia). I am crying while writing this because it will break my heart but how do I do it?

So sorry to hear this, wish i could help as im not that far from you, in essex :(

You could ask around the forum, family, friends, rescues, free ads?

Why will you have to go back to Australia? :(

dont forget to give lots of info like; Is Milo and outdoor or an indoor bun? Neutered? Vacc'd? Friendly? :wave:

Last edited:
I'd rather not go into too many details on open forum (please don't think I'm being rude). None of my friends would be a in position to take a bunny or a hamster and I don't want to just dump them on a rescue. I would rather I knew the person.

I'd rather not go into too many details on open forum (please don't think I'm being rude). None of my friends would be a in position to take a bunny or a hamster and I don't want to just dump them on a rescue. I would rather I knew the person.

Thats fine, i shouldnt have asked :oops::oops:

Well if it comes to you having to rehome Milo you can ask someone to post him in the rabbits in need section for rehoming on the forum, you can also go onto the rabbit rehome website and put him up there too...

So sorry, must be hard :(
You can ask to advertise them on here in the RIN section, also you could ask a rescue to help rehome them and maybe ask someone on here to foster them until somewhere can be found for them to live perminantly? I'm sure RU members would be willing to help!

I could take Bubbles for you if you needed me to. I have a spare dog crate so Milo could come here too if you were really desperate, but I wouldn't be able to keep him as well :)

I would be able to rehome Bubbles the hamster if he/she came with a cage (I dont have any spare atm)
I have 4 hammies right now and they are all rescues so I have been homechecked and approved to take them if that helps.
I am in south Cambridgeshire.
pm me if I can help.

Back