• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter Training

Alicia

Mama Doe
I'm sorry I keep asking so many questions, but I want most of them before I get rabbits then after. I'd like to litter train my rabbits, how do I do this?

hi, :wave:

i have found the easiest way is to find where they are going to the toilet (hutch or house?) they do tend to go in the same place once they choose an area. then move a litter tray to that place, its actually quite easy but don't keep washing the tray too much, leave a little of the scent there so they know where to go back to.

i also keep some hay within reach as they do like to 'munch while they go'! :lol:

they are clean beasties and will soon get the hang of it. ;)

hi, :wave:

i have found the easiest way is to find where they are going to the toilet (hutch or house?) they do tend to go in the same place once they choose an area. then move a litter tray to that place, its actually quite easy but don't keep washing the tray too much, leave a little of the scent there so they know where to go back to.

i also keep some hay within reach as they do like to 'munch while they go'! :lol:

they are clean beasties and will soon get the hang of it. ;)

Ditto this. I'm in the middle of training my two. They are getting the hang of it but it's going to take some work.

A big enough box filled with lots of hay placed where they like to go (normally a sheltered 'safe' area will be enough for most rabbits, well, if they are neutered/spayed. You can sweep up poos that aren't in and put them in and also mop up wees with tissue paper and put this in

Back