• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1st Time Since Before Xmas

marmitesmum

Warren Scout
I rang home this morning and was told that my little JaspJasp has ventured out to be out on the garden for the first time since before Xmas. Apparently he was waiting to be let out.

He's been so poorly, he went down to less than 3 kg (he's a cinnamon standard rex), and has had NO interest in going out of his hutch or the shed that it's in. Only last Saturday the vet insinuated having him put down!! He wasn't in pain or discomfort, so I wasn't happy with that idea. :?

He needs to keep putting weight on but I'm soooooo excited about him running free and eating grass!

:D :D :D :D

:)
Thank you guys!

Fingers crossed he's just as perky tomorrow.

He looked at me tonight as if to say "oh no! It's her with the medicine...I'm eating now look!" lol

What would his ideal weight be? Sending 'keep nomming' vibes for him. :wave:

Between 3kg and up to 5kg. Monti was a big lad, Jasper not so much.

He only put on 100g from the week before Xmas when he stayed at the vets for fluids up to last week. I really thought he was going to end up with liver failure!

I've tried sprinkling Recovery onto his dried food tonight instead of syringing that on top of baytril and metacam. So fingers crossed!

:)

Back