• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spayed bun making a nest!

Sami M

Mama Doe
Is this normal - she is a single bun, and last night she was quite happily walking around with hay in her mouth and this morning it looks like she has made a small nest :shock:

my girly does that too - she's nearly 4 and was spayed a couple of years ago. nothing to worry about (in fact, my boy does it too occasionally but he's 'different':oops:)

It can happen occasionally but it should not be a regular event as would be seen in an entire Doe. If it happens frequently then it *might* indicate that some uterine or ovarian tissue was missed during the spay and so there *might* still be some risk of a neoplasm (cancer) in later life.

It can happen occasionally but it should not be a regular event as would be seen in an entire Doe. If it happens frequently then it *might* indicate that some uterine or ovarian tissue was missed during the spay and so there *might* still be some risk of a neoplasm (cancer) in later life.

:shock::shock::shock: Thanks I will definately keep that in mind

how often is regular though? esme does go through bouts of it but i've never had an entire doe so i don't know what natural behaviour is:?

Back